Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The struggle to not cash in on Neo Geo AES consoles and games..

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    So i just checked. 2600 low print games are at a ~45% decline from their peak value over 10 years ago.
    Standup arcades from that era are in the dirt as well.

There is more to squeeze from NES onward, but I would get out while it's still good if you are sitting on a stacks of plastic.
    Am hearing 2021 is a good candidate for the next GFC.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    I really should get one of those, I probably have around 40 LP's almost exclusively late 70's / 80's and it would be a pity to leave them as they are.
    Do it, man.

I don't really care for much, but vinyl and (comic) books, those I really take care of, since there are some which even belonged to my grandpa.

Besides, we now have some vinyl which are worth an absurd amount of money due to maybe a stupid sticker or label which made them "unique" or different from mass pressing. Regardless, it's good use to keep them in good shape.

As for storing, I recall there was an IKEA cheap thing to store them vertically, can't remember the name right now.

LD's are heavy, but I still have a quite few. Pure novelty, but it's the way I prefer to watch the old Star Trek movies and old Anime.

I have some warped Vinyl as well. Never seen that flatten device before.

Crossed Swords Squire

So i just checked. 2600 low print games are at a ~45% decline from their peak value over 10 years ago.
    Standup arcades from that era are in the dirt as well.

There is more to squeeze from NES onward, but I would get out while it's still good if you are sitting on a stacks of plastic.
    I think the Neo Geo will be a special case because of the low print-runs and it's prestige. Also no one who paid for example $3000+ for Metal Slug AES is going to sell it for much less. I haven't noticed prices going down yet. Consoles like the Dreamcast - I think will find prices going down fast soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Missile View Post
    I think the Neo Geo will be a special case because of the low print-runs and it's prestige. Also no one who paid for example $3000+ for Metal Slug AES is going to sell it for much less. I haven't noticed prices going down yet. Consoles like the Dreamcast - I think will find prices going down fast soon.
    Neo-Geo and Playstation Vita too. The prices for Vita has skyrocked in the past few years because of the low print-runs. Prives goes up and low depending on the demand, but I guess every game/console has a demand man.

Azu Bla

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    I really should get one of those, I probably have around 40 LP's almost exclusively late 70's / 80's and it would be a pity to leave them as they are.
    It's worth it. I got it along with the 'Groovy Pouch', which is essentially a heated pouch that you place the flattener in and it heats it to the correct (low) temperature. Alternatively, you can use the flattener in an oven, but many ovens don't offer temperatures low enough, and those that do are rarely accurate at such low temperatures. Basically, you don't want it too hot. I was hesitent due to the cost, but it has more than paid for itself.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

How are you defining "low print" and where did you get this data? I agree that the peak was probably 12 or so years ago, but the massive decline only seems to be in common popular stuff like Pitfall.

That 45% number doesn't match my experience. If rare 2600 game prices were really half of what they were 10 years ago, I would be buying up more of them.

NEST Puppet

I'll probably keep all the games in my collection but I could easily see myself selling off some of the strategy guides I've accumulated over the years.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    There was an LD player with expansion ports which enabled you to play Mega Drive and PC Engine games IIRC... rare as hell, I'm pretty sure it costs like a new car today.

It's called the Pioneer Laseractive. You could purchase the Sega and Pce module's. I use to own like three of them when I was collectarding. They were dirt cheap back in the days. It's a piece of shit. Not a great LD player, the laser is shit, the modules need to be recapped for the most part, only does composite, no rgb, the modules are also very expensive. You could buy a Sega CDX, PC Engine Duo-R, and good LD player, and still save a few hundred bucks left over.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's called the Pioneer Laseractive. You could purchase the Sega and Pce module's. I use to own like three of them when I was collectarding. They were dirt cheap back in the days. It's a piece of shit. Not a great LD player, the laser is shit, the modules need to be recapped for the most part, only does composite, no rgb, the modules are also very expensive. You could buy a Sega CDX, PC Engine Duo-R, and good LD player, and still save a few hundred bucks left over.
    Good advice. Steer clear of the LA and LD players in general unless they've been reconditioned or you "know a guy".

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Yep, that was it.
    Never been interested in one honestly, but always thought about it as a cool gimmick, like the small TVs which had NES or other consoles built-in. I think those were released only in Japan.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    Yep, that was it.
    Never been interested in one honestly, but always thought about it as a cool gimmick, like the small TVs which had NES or other consoles built-in. I think those were released only in Japan.
    Yes, it was a cool gimmick, I agree. The idea of being able to play PCE/MD games along with LD's is great but too many moving parts. It's mainly just for collectors now. People who just want to say they own one and post pictures on facebook.

Thread Information