Thread: NeoGeo games posters.

Another Striker

NeoGeo games posters.

Hey guys!

Recently I've finished my game room and I'm looking for a nice poster to hang on the wall. Where do you guys find nice posters for sale? Or do you just print them? I guess high res picture files would also work as I can print them, but having an original one would be amazing. Any chance I can find these while in Japan? One that I'm particularly interested in the Samurai Spirits Zero Special poster, the one that looks like the game case.

Thanks!
    +

Rotterdam Nation Resident
    They call me Quiet. But I'm a Riot. Mary-Jo-Lisa. Always the same. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name.

There's always the folded NEO GEO FREAK posters, but they only go as far as the 2000s.

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by rarehero View Post
    There's always the folded NEO GEO FREAK posters, but they only go as far as the 2000s.
    I've seen some on eBay, didn't like them. :-/
    +

Clow Warlord of Neo-Geo...for one glorious day!

I'd gotten a few of them when the actual games came out (back in the golden age when I got promotional posters at the distributors open houses and shows) and are somewhere in storage though I don't remember which ones (think one was Samurai Shodown 2 and another World's Heroes Jet). I may have to search for them to see if they survived (I've moved twice since getting them so I haven't a clue where they are or if they were protected from the elements).

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Arcademan View Post
    I'd gotten a few of them when the actual games came out (back in the golden age when I got promotional posters at the distributors open houses and shows) and are somewhere in storage though I don't remember which ones (think one was Samurai Shodown 2 and another World's Heroes Jet). I may have to search for them to see if they survived (I've moved twice since getting them so I haven't a clue where they are or if they were protected from the elements).
    Lucky. I would love to have some of those!
    +

Quote Originally Posted by rodolfocm View Post
    Hey guys!

Recently I've finished my game room and I'm looking for a nice poster to hang on the wall. Where do you guys find nice posters for sale? Or do you just print them? I guess high res picture files would also work as I can print them, but having an original one would be amazing. Any chance I can find these while in Japan? One that I'm particularly interested in the Samurai Spirits Zero Special poster, the one that looks like the game case.

Thanks!
    I also just completed my new game room, and while I have a bunch of art I've created as well as older SNK posters I got back in the 90s with some games (like SVC Chaos), I ordered a set of SNK 40th Anniversary posters from the Official SNK Shop in Japan. You can get these through ZenMarket or from Nin-Nin Game if you don't want to deal with the ZenMarket hassle (they charge a small fee to source the products, but it's worth it if you buy a few things).

It's a 5 poster set, and they look amazing framed. I have recent pics on my Instagram account (@bokujinzero) if you want to take a look at them framed. They are Japanese B2 size, but the Ribba frames from IKEA (24x36) come with a mat in the frame that is the exact size to frame these ($20 bucks a piece). They look fantastic and are very high quality.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/figu...on-goods-.html

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    I also just completed my new game room, and while I have a bunch of art I've created as well as older SNK posters I got back in the 90s with some games (like SVC Chaos), I ordered a set of SNK 40th Anniversary posters from the Official SNK Shop in Japan. You can get these through ZenMarket or from Nin-Nin Game if you don't want to deal with the ZenMarket hassle (they charge a small fee to source the products, but it's worth it if you buy a few things).

It's a 5 poster set, and they look amazing framed. I have recent pics on my Instagram account (@bokujinzero) if you want to take a look at them framed. They are Japanese B2 size, but the Ribba frames from IKEA (24x36) come with a mat in the frame that is the exact size to frame these ($20 bucks a piece). They look fantastic and are very high quality.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/figu...on-goods-.html
    This is amazing! Thanks! I will keep looking for original arts posters but this is a great idea. I also started following you on Instagram.
    +

This is amazing! Thanks! I will keep looking for original arts posters but this is a great idea. I also started following you on Instagram.
    Cheers, man! Did the same! I'll let you know if I come across any old posters I may have.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Arcademan View Post
    so I haven't a clue where they are or if they were protected from the elements).
    Preserve them plz!!

Mr. Big's Thug

Man, I'd love movie poster sized copies of early MVS game flyers, esp. Magician Lord, Burning Fight. In fact I am pretty surprised no one does them.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I'd go for a NAM-1975 poster.

Why So Many X's?

I downloaded high res scans of flyers for Cyberlip and Metal Slug 2. I used a Canon Pro-1000 photo printer and printed 11x18 posters on nice photo paper. This is the same printer I use for my shockbox inserts.

Amakusa's Fashion Consultant

There's a guy on Instagram that's been selling reproduction Capcom posters. I'll have to look and see if he has any NG stuff.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" -- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

http://www.cpscodex.com/img/NG_banner_uncle_sam.png

-----Jamma-Nation-X MVS Price Guide ----- mjmjr25's Reference NEO-GEO Price Guide ----- NeoGeoKult Price Guides (Euro) -----

For the latest 3d printing and laser projects check Instagram: @Lions3D

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    I downloaded high res scans of flyers for Cyberlip and Metal Slug 2. I used a Canon Pro-1000 photo printer and printed 11x18 posters on nice photo paper. This is the same printer I use for my shockbox inserts.
    I can't find high res of the ones I want. Do you have a website where you source these?

Quote Originally Posted by lions3 View Post
    There's a guy on Instagram that's been selling reproduction Capcom posters. I'll have to look and see if he has any NG stuff.
    Do you know its profile name?
    +

Southern Pounce.

Arcade Art Shop in the UK has some, scroll through the pages, you will find some SNK ones. Legit guy, have bought 5-6 posters from him. Nice heavy paper.

https://www.arcadeartshop.com/product-category/posters/

Gandalf Of Gibberish

Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Arcade Art Shop in the UK has some, scroll through the pages, you will find some SNK ones. Legit guy, have bought 5-6 posters from him. Nice heavy paper.

https://www.arcadeartshop.com/product-category/posters/
    maglord and ss on 5th page, might have missed something before I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    I'd go for a NAM-1975 poster.
    page eight.
    Last edited by Karou; 01-13-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    . https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CO29OcRsx...utterflies.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    I don't like struggling to read shit from someone who's obviously first language is English.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    page eight.
    KAROU!!

Amakusa's Fashion Consultant

61317007_626522971180914_1028729274001993397_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byd_wMdH...d=h30kmayru93j

Found him. This guy sells marquees and posters. He can probably make what you want.
    Last edited by lions3; 01-13-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added image
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" -- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

http://www.cpscodex.com/img/NG_banner_uncle_sam.png

-----Jamma-Nation-X MVS Price Guide ----- mjmjr25's Reference NEO-GEO Price Guide ----- NeoGeoKult Price Guides (Euro) -----

For the latest 3d printing and laser projects check Instagram: @Lions3D

Another Striker

61317007_626522971180914_1028729274001993397_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byd_wMdH...d=h30kmayru93j

Found him. This guy sells marquees and posters. He can probably make what you want.
    OMG thank you so much!
    +

Why So Many X's?

I can't find high res of the ones I want. Do you have a website where you source these?

Do you know its profile name?
    https://flyers.arcade-museum.com

And video game obsession

Thread Information