MVS Harness - Power pigtail wiring?

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Hey folks, I've finally got around to restoring my 4 slot tall boy properly and am replacing whatever the hell this is:

20191109_013319.jpg

The pigtail that (I think) connects the male 9 pin molex from the PSU to the MVS harness has been butchered. I've been trying to find what this lil' cable actually looked like online but not having any luck and I'd like to recreate it as close as possible to the original: I assume it has two female ends and also branches out to send 5v + ground (up to the EL panel I think?)

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
When it comes to a PSU... I would just get a good Switching Power Supply for $15 or $20. Wire it up properly and call it a day. As far as the Harness goes just rewire the power lines from the edge connector if needed (use thicker gauge wire) to the PSU.

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I actually already have a replacement PSU for it (first thing I did heh). I'm probably going to wire it up today anyway, but I'm mostly curious as to what it looked like out of the factory and if the original MVS harness' power connection was supposed to be male or female. I'd like to do it "right" someday, it'd make me feel better heh.

It shouldn't matter which 5v/ground pin I splice the EV wire into, right?

20191109_173116.jpg