Neo Geo Cab Colors (from this decade)

IGDetail

n00b
Hello all, I'm trying to match the original "red" paint color on my tall boy cabinet but I no longer have any samples to scan. Has anyone tried to match the color (say from Sherwin Williams) lately that could share paint codes?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was thinking a more pastel pink might be a better look overall. They really did make a mistake with the color originally anyway.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I have a Home Depot paint match can somewhere in my garage. I will try and find it sometime today. Used it on my own Tall Boy. Can has the color code on top.

Last edited:

DuffCon

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Home Depot Behr “grenadine” red, in eggshell. I feel eggshell matches the texture of vinyl better.

d7c8e0ae781e3eab4534891e14737334.jpg
0af3440e3574c6cca1155fc608e7dba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It’s an old Dulux colour - Dog cock red

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Home Depot Behr “grenadine” red, in eggshell. I feel eggshell matches the texture of vinyl better.

d7c8e0ae781e3eab4534891e14737334.jpg
0af3440e3574c6cca1155fc608e7dba8.jpg

Looks great, was that sprayed or rolled on? Did you strip and prime the cabinet?

DuffCon

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Looks great, was that sprayed or rolled on? Did you strip and prime the cabinet?

Yeah, this was a total strip down, bondo, prime and paint job. I actually cut off the bottom 3-4 inches of the base and replaced the wood because of water damage. I can share some pics if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, this was a total strip down, bondo, prime and paint job. I actually cut off the bottom 3-4 inches of the base and replaced the wood because of water damage. I can share some pics if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally, just got a new CPO ordered and waiting for my memory card board to arrive, after that, I need to get my cab ready for a fresh coat of paint and vinyl decals.

IGDetail

n00b
Appreciate the info. Sherwin Williams is trying to match the Grenadine in an oil-based which (apparently) takes vinyl stickers better than a water-based. Going down first will be a pink primer so that I only need a few coats of the Grenadine.

I'll be using mohair rollers to get a better end finish. Will post results in a few weeks.

IGDetail

n00b
Here's the before. Complete strip down. filling with wood filler bondo, and sanding to a super smooth surface.

thumbnail_IMG_5032.jpg

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Here we go. Found my can.

https://imgur.com/a/fbb9wxj

BTW an oil based paint will produce a much more glossy finish. Yes eggshell is a bit harder to apply stickers to but it can be done if you take your time.

Last edited:

IGDetail

n00b

BTW an oil based paint will produce a much more glossy finish. Yes eggshell is a bit harder to apply stickers to but it can be done if you take your time.

Thanks Nexus, I chose Satin which will have a little sheen but I'm not going full glass. If it doesn't work out, I may go full graphic overlay.

DuffCon

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Agree, vinyl is hard to apply but does work if you’re patient