Project Neon: A brand new Shoot 'Em Up for the Neo Geo

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I still hope it gets made. Even with slightly crappy graphics, a new Neo game is a new Neo game. They were on 11k last time I checked

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, I hope they find another way to finish the game. I was looking forward to this.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
At least is isn't "Flexible Funding" meaning that even if the goal isn't met they still get all pledged money. This is set to all for nothing. Makes it look like a little less like scammer bait... at least a little.

Missile

Another Striker
They shouldn't even need a Kickstarter. Make an amazing game and people will buy it. In fact make even an average game and people will buy it on Neo Geo. (and then sell it for twice as much 6 months later)

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I hope they keep working on it. I think it looks pretty good and the graphics really aren't that bad. I feel a bit more animation and some color palette tweaks are really all the graphics need.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
In fact make even an average game and people will buy it on Neo Geo. (and then sell it for twice as much 6 months later)

So in theory, the devs themselves could declare the game sold-out right at the start, wait six months and sell it for twice as much later.

Missile

Another Striker
So in theory, the devs themselves could declare the game sold-out right at the start, wait six months and sell it for twice as much later.

That would be too obvious. But I bet all devs keep mint copies for themselves to sell on later. It would just be sensible to do so.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
That price is just to high for a homebrew...

GamingCult

n00b
And there’s a demo https://fullset.io/caravan Based on the tweet, files are available for Neo Geo MVS, AES, CD and MiSTER/MAME. Since I don’t currently own a Neo SD, I’ll drop it in an emulator with an arcade stick. Looking forward to trying it out.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Played the demo on the NeoSD. Not worth it. It's a 5 € game I would probably consider at 80% off. :keke:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Its an alpha build, we cannot expect it to be the next Blazing Star just yet... Played it there, it has potential but needs a tonne of work

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Played the demo on the NeoSD. Not worth it. It's a 5 € game I would probably consider at 80% off. :keke:

Its an alpha build, we cannot expect it to be the next Blazing Star just yet... Played it there, it has potential but needs a tonne of work

None of this matters. All that is important is that the cover is pretty and the spine matches up with the others on the mahogany shelf.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
They shouldn't even need a Kickstarter. Make an amazing game and people will buy it. In fact make even an average game and people will buy it on Neo Geo. (and then sell it for twice as much 6 months later)

I can confirm to a point that this is true. A contractor for a kickstarter campaign I know member who where paid there bonus via extra copies of the game to resell instead of actual money. Load of shit is what it was.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
The EGA color palette is retro in a bad way.

Last edited:

Missile

Another Striker

It's just a well-executed basic schmup from what I can see. Developers need to realise they have to put more time and effort into the design and graphics. Not just to release something that's passable.

Definitely should be a budget title. I'd pay 50 Euros for it on a cart.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's just a well-executed basic schmup from what I can see. Developers need to realise they have to put more time and effort into the design and graphics. Not just to release something that's passable.

Definitely should be a budget title. I'd pay 50 Euros for it on a cart.

It should be a ROM only release, who in their right mind would put this shitty game on a cart.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
It looks like the Money Train has reached Reality Station. All change please.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
As long as rubes are paying exorbitant amounts of money for demos on the NG, carny devs will keep churning out shit.