Why Super Metroid is bad game design

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Clickbait. I'll watch it, it seems interesting to see other perspectives as long as it's more than just bitching. Sequalitis did a good comparison on how Ocarina of Time was a big LttP ripoff and not as engaging.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Super Metroid, one of the best games of its generation. Countless developers and studios cite it as a source of inspiration and role model. It gave a whole subgenre with a lot of acolytes on foot in the indie scene: the metroidvania (because the Castlevania saga adopted, after Symphony of the Night, a similar development).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...and all those 'bad designed iconic games' videos? We'll market it as New Slurm. When everyone hates it, we'll bring back Slurm Classic Gaming and make further billions of clicks.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Brilliantly designed but I dunno, sometimes I feel like it controls like shit.

I agree, the controls have not aged well. Especially wall jumping.

I also feel in a post Hollow Knight world, it's hard to go back to earlier metroidvania games. HK changed everything.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Whatever legitimate points he had are moot when he's such a pretentious person. The hat, the random Japanese words in there, it hurt to listen to.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The "why" in the title should apply better to "why is this shit in Neo related".

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The "why" in the title should apply better to "why is this shit in Neo related".

Right.

Don't indulge the OP. He doesn't read these forums.

DO NOT CLICK ON HIS VIDEO

he is a robot

EDIT: his last thread was a metal jesus video

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I skipped through this shit and it is shit, pure shit. Why do you post this shit here!? Do you like shitting in peoples living rooms? huh!? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE!!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The proportion of likes to dislikes is predictable, yet people still gave him views. In his own words, what a bunch of "bakas".

Someone please move this topic out of the Neo Geo forum.

Shackleford

Banned
The proportion of likes to dislikes is predictable, yet people still gave him views. In his own words, what a bunch of "bakas".

Someone please move this topic out of the Neo Geo forum.

What he said....what a n00b move. :keke:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I skipped through this shit and it is shit, pure shit. Why do you post this shit here!? Do you like shitting in peoples living rooms? huh!? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE!!

I agree, total shit.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I mean...why should we trust 25 years of well deserved adoration from the vast majority of the gaming world (players, devs, websites, etc.) when we can have a fedora wearing neckbeard named Sephirothsword57 enlighten us on how wrong we all are?

Fuck this guy. May he never breed.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I mean...why should we trust 25 years of well deserved adoration from the vast majority of the gaming world (players, devs, websites, etc.) when we can have a fedora wearing neckbeard named Sephirothsword57 enlighten us on how wrong we all are?

Fuck this guy. May he never breed.
Baka

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Ba·ka /ˈbäkə/

noun

A member of a nomadic Pygmy people inhabiting the rainforests of southeastern Cameroon and northern Gabon.

Eh, I've been called worse.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
God. Someone mentioned metal Jesus in this thread and that pissed me off more than this vid did.

Side note- I can rarely ever do the wall jump in SMetroid. I'm lame.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
God. Someone mentioned metal Jesus in this thread and that pissed me off more than this vid did.

Side note- I can rarely ever do the wall jump in SMetroid. I'm lame.

That's the one major flaw in the game. That wall jump is way too hard to do until you get used to it. I got suck for a long time on my initial play trying to figure out the timing.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Whatever legitimate points he had are moot when he's such a pretentious person. The hat, the random Japanese words in there, it hurt to listen to.

I watched this guy and just sat there to see how long I could stand the way he was talking. I'm like god damn please stop mixing Japanese and English in the way you speak and fucking fix your god damn way of speaking. I know for a fact this motherfucker never spoke like this before.

This is the kind of person I avoided at conventions.

When he was talking about Super Metroid and he said "So this game has a run button for some reason." I never wanted to punch someone in the dick so hard.

P.S. Holy shit this fucker needs to shave his god damn beard. It's been a long fucking time I've seen that much neckbeard.

P.P.S. I just realized. This is a male version of Saner.

Last edited: