NEO MVS mother board calendar error please help

joemagiera

n00b
I have a NEO-MVH MV1FZS M1BBV PCB. I get the dreaded "CALENDAR ERROR". I did some research here and on the 'net in general. There is absolutely no battery acid leakage damage to the PCB. I swapped out the battery and I know the recharging part of the circuit is working, as the battery I installed measured 2.8 VDC out of the package and after having the PCB plugged in for a couple hours, it was reading 3.1 VDC on the solder side of the PCB.

When I first turned it on, without an MVS cartridge inserted, I did get the grid pattern for a few seconds, but then it went to calendar error. Now when I turn it on, it immediately goes to calendar error. If I put a cartridge in, I get calendar error.

Dip switch 1 is on, 2-8 are off.

I also read about updating the bios, and as best I can determine, the bios IC I have is a Toshiba TC531024P-15 SP-U2. However, in the research I did, I didn't see where the bios was related to the calendar error problem.

Does anyone have any advice or procedures on what to do next to fix the calendar error?

If you need any more info on the board or whatever, let me know. Really appreciate any help or advice. Thanks,

Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net