Bad audio Temco 96 MVS Help appriceated

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem with this newly acquired Temco World Soccer 96 MVS cart. Some of the sound appears to be garbled. I can hear the music and sound effects but the crowd noise seems to be the only part that is problematic. There are no graphics errors. Here's a video of the problem:

The cart is 100% legit (checked on MVS scans). The contacts have been thoroughly cleaned. I have tried it on a 1, 2 and 6 slot machine and the problem persists. I don't think the problem lies with my machines as all of my other carts work perfectly. I have run the CRC check on a Uni Bios 3.3 and it didn't report any problems. I have checked the boards for bad solder etc and I cant see any obvious issues.

28pqq2g.jpg

PjTH1Vh.jpg

7GWKDFL.jpg

g0zU27T.jpg

Any ideas?

I know its a cheap game but I'd like to save it.

Cheers for any suggestions.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
You would want to look at the V ROMs and the PCM IC on the prog board. I would start by checking continuity between the edge connector and the PCM IC and then from the PCM IC to the V ROMs. If those all look good, then I would pull the V ROMs, dump them, and compare the CRCs with whats in MAME. If those look good too, then I would swap the PCM IC.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Just wanna say thanks, its working perfect now, all I did was give it a real good clean around the PCM chip using IPA. There was no visible dirt but I could see there was a fair amount on the cotton buds when done.