Need Someone with Apple to pull Data from iPhone

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My wife's iPhone XR is stuck in DFU mode right now. We just got back from our first family vacation and this phone is only 3 weeks old, all the family pics and vids are on it and Apple says we can only erase everything.

We didn't get a chance to setup the iCloud backup when we got it as we were leaving that day or our vacation, we got back and then the phone was stuck in a boot loop.

I tried power cycling, tried to use iTunes to update, also tried 3rd party software to rollback the firmware but would stop at 70% then get an error.

So at this point, we just want to pull the photos and videos from it if possible before erasing it.

Apple said there's no back door but then handed us a business card of someone who can recover it for the low low prices of $700-1900, fuck that guy.

If you can help, let me know. We've hit a string of bad luck so I'm hoping for some kind of sunshine. My wife suffers from seizures so he memory isn't that great for older memories which is why I am asking for a favor on this.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't claim to be an iPhone expert so I won't say what one could do here or if there's no hope, but what I will recommend is get in touch with a jailbreak community. There's a subreddit called r/Jailbreak with mostly end users but they could advise what options are available to recover the photos. https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
There is tons of hope. Apple's standard statement is that there is "no way" to recover the data. Many 3rd party repair stores can do it. Prices can vary depending on the store, condition of the device, and the method for recovering the data. Never believe what Apple tells you about repairs of their hardware.
There "experienced and certified" techs only do part swaps for repairs even if it is just a bad ceramic cap or bad trace.

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
There is tons of hope. Apple's standard statement is that there is "no way" to recover the data. Many 3rd party repair stores can do it. Prices can vary depending on the store, condition of the device, and the method for recovering the data. Never believe what Apple tells you about repairs of their hardware.
There "experienced and certified" techs only do part swaps for repairs even if it is just a bad ceramic cap or bad trace.

This. Their go to is "wipe and hand back"...90% of the time all the data is recoverable

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
You try to plug it into a computer and see if it recognizes it as a HD?