Neo Geo AES Flashing Issue

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi guys. I'm having some trouble with the video signal from my AES. When connected with RGB cables (I have tried more than one set and the same issue occurs) the screen will move up and down a little bit and a white line will briefly appear across the screen. This happens every few seconds. Sometimes the whole screen will go black and then the signal will come back after a few seconds.

I have tried using the composite/mono audio cable and the signal is rock solid and this never happens.

This is all going into a framemeister by the way.

Also the longer the console is on the worse the issue gets.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's hard to say without seeing a video but try adjusting the sync settings on your Framemeister to see if it helps. When I had mine there were a few systems I had that I had to slide that setting back and forth to get to work properly. It's been a long time since I had one so I can't tell you exactly where in the menu that is.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If the Framemeister sync is set to Auto, try setting it to Off.

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks for the advice guys, I found that setting the sync level to 7 or 8 fixed my issue.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Thanks for the advice guys, I found that setting the sync level to 7 or 8 fixed my issue.

Changing the sync level solves 90% of issues with the Framemeister. I have to bounce up and down when capturing arcade hardware with my Framemeister, as each board seems to like a different sync level

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I've never had to play with the sync level on the framemeister. I put a 220uF cap on the sync line in the supergun and everything has worked so far.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I've never had to play with the sync level on the framemeister. I put a 220uF cap on the sync line in the supergun and everything has worked so far.

On the CPS 2 and Hyper Neo Geo pcb's I have to adjust the sync level to get an image. Only happens on arcade pcb's with abnormal sync rates but it's a useful feature on the Framemeister.

I have the same cap installed on my gear and for consoles everything just works, but on arcade boards it can still need adjusting now and again

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Forgot to mention I have the Jrok sync cleaner there as well. That might be the reason.