Atomiswave power supply

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I am thinking of getting an atomiswave. What power supply should I use? I know that it uses +5V and +12V but how much current does it need, and where should I find a correct power supply?

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Yes. An Atomiswave should pull it's power off of the Jamma edge connection. Those PSUs should work fine if installed properly.

Ok I will use that one. I was just worried the amperage would match up and I would fry the atomiswave.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Ok I will use that one. I was just worried the amperage would match up and I would fry the atomiswave.
Too much Voltage can fry something. Extra available Amperage is ok to have. It will only draw as many amps as it needs. As long as it isn't too little amps you are good.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

You can always have more amps / watts than you need. Case in point PC power supplies. You take a 500 watt supply, and your system only draws 250? Golden. Good to keep it in the middle of the max wattage as is.

Amps are generally the same as NexusX said below. Think of a circuit breaker. You have a 15 amp fuse and you have headroom to spare amp wise? Golden

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah that PSU should be more than enough for Atomiswave. I think the one I use only pulls 5A and it's fine with that board.