Analogue Co announces Analogue Pocket w/ NGPC support

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I want this just for the dock. If people port other cores to it, awesome. But just having a nice HD piece of hardware to play my handheld titles is worth it.

My MegaSG jail broken replaced my Genesis/MasterSystem/Game Gear. I’m at a point where I’d like To simplify my consoles as much as possible. And avoid using my OSSC so I don’t have to fuss with scaling settings as much either.

This. This is exactly where I am at in my life. I am sick of all the wires and gadgets, but I also don't want shit visuals or emulation if possible.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Really cool idea but I hate the form factor of the GB and wish they had made different form factor models.

-SD-

Camel Slug
This. This is exactly where I am at in my life. I am sick of all the wires and gadgets, but I also don't want shit visuals or emulation if possible.

Same here, this whole FPGA thing makes things so much easier. If this gets a SNES core it’ll be awesome, if it gets a PC Engine core then that would be the icing.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Oh, you’re still at that stage are you? Wait until you get to mine.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is overblown. As long as your original hardware still works, there's no issue keeping your original SNES, Genesis etc tucked neatly in a drawer with its respective cables, ready to connect to the OSSC or what have you.

These new FPGA' systems are great to have available as an alternative to real hardware, but let's not pretend it means everyone should throw their old consoles out and replace them with new ones because they're too much trouble.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
One thing that's bugging me about this is that the buttons look like they are really close together. If they are about the size of the buttons on a Switch joycon or 3DS the tip of your thumb could cover all four buttons and would make something like holding run while jumping in Mario quite difficult. On a handheld ergonomics are everything, if it's annoying to use you simply won't use it.

This is overblown. As long as your original hardware still works, there's no issue keeping your original SNES, Genesis etc tucked neatly in a drawer with its respective cables, ready to connect to the OSSC or what have you.

These new FPGA' systems are great to have available as an alternative to real hardware, but let's not pretend it means everyone should throw their old consoles out and replace them with new ones because they're too much trouble.

Spoken like a man who hasnt tried the hassle free, ultra clean, fpga life.

Once you own/try one of these systems, you quickly realize there is no going back.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm more concerned about the adapters that were promised for the Mega SG which have yet to materialize. That said, it's hard to put much faith in Analogue releasing all the adapters for this portable in a timely fashion...

This isn't being a hater (I have both the Super NT and Mega SG), this is being realistic.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Probably not, I don't think their other systems worked with the Everdrives. However jailbreak software was released in short order to allow loading roms from SD, so it doesn't matter.

*edit*

Correction, they flash carts work just fine!

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Probably not, I don't think their other systems worked with the Everdrives. However jailbreak software was released in short order to allow loading roms from SD, so it doesn't matter.

The other systems most definitely work with Everdrives and MegaSD.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
D'oh, I stand corrected. I'm not sure why I was thinking they didn't, even though I use my AVS with a flashcart all the time.

Pinball

Geese's Thug
Still waiting for this. Meanwhile, even Pandora's Box has a handheld now for 80 bucks. Yes I bought it :-)

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
This might be ok for something like Bio Motor Unitron or Card Fighters, but I can't imagine playing KoF R2 or Match of the Millenium with that d-pad.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I just hope it doesn't take forever for all the cart adapters to be released.

-SD-

Camel Slug
This might be ok for something like Bio Motor Unitron or Card Fighters, but I can't imagine playing KoF R2 or Match of the Millenium with that d-pad.

Plug a Hori RAP into the USB port on the dock?...

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
My main concern is if the dock is included.

I want this so i can put all my handhelds away. I’m trying to minimize all my consoles as much as possible without emulating, and honestly a nearly all in one “it’s a handheld? Put the cart into that thing” is perfect.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
My main concern is if the dock is included.

I want this so i can put all my handhelds away. I’m trying to minimize all my consoles as much as possible without emulating, and honestly a nearly all in one “it’s a handheld? Put the cart into that thing” is perfect.

I'm guessing that the dock will be extra.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm guessing that the dock will be extra.
I'm debating on the dock. I have a GameCube Gameboy player, so this would just be extra stuff. I know I'll get at least the base system and NGPC adapter at a minimum, but the dock depends on how much extra