Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

Leona's Therapist

I wonder if its something where they need a "hacker" because they lack the technical understanding of how to set up the dual pcb's and the chips to run on original hardware. AES/MVS isn't like SNES where tutorials on making your own boards are all over the place.

But it does sound relatively "finished", as a hacker isn't going to be adding art or writing a ton of code

Could be that they have some source, or an earlier build with more assets not in the executables, that needs to be restrung.

I just recently did this with Ironblood on the 3DO M2. Had source, executable had issues. Did some copy and paste work (mostly knowing where to amend data is all the skill needed) across a few different folders of the zip file and changed some file name indicators in the main executable, and after a few attempts I had the game booting on original hardware.

So it could just be a situation like that. All the files exist for the game, but they aren't assembled / referenced correctly for it to run as expected

Kula's Candy

It would of been nice to at least maybe tease some more info like the NGH# assigned to it.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

I would guess this is some sub-par homebrew title that they acquired, not something to get excited about. Look at the quality of other stuff they have released. Maybe they are going to sell Super Bubble Pop repros.

MAX POWA SURGE!

Oh God. I hope it's not that crouching pony game by le Cortex or whoever they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega View Post
    Oh God. I hope it's not that crouching pony game by le Cortex or whoever they were.
    Being a recently-made product, CrouchingHiddenPonyWhatever should include source code when being acquired.

Is better to think is any non interesting mahjong game, and if by any chance is Last Odyssey or similar, better for us.
    "appleTV-like" Consolized NeoGeo MVS builder (take a look here)

Kyo Clone

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    I would guess this is some sub-par homebrew title that they acquired, ...
    Maybe one of those recent "developments": Xeno Crisis, Project Neon or Wings of Bluestar?

Nothing too exiting, yeah, but still better than that Pony game. I guess.

Mr. Tater

The only thing I want to hear is Crystalis 2.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The only thing I want to hear is Crystalis 2.

Jon
    Don't even joke about that. That easily would be the ultimate SNK find.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Igniz's Servant

Here'a a list of the companies who IPs Piko owns.

Accolade
    Beam Software
    Core Design
    Gremlin Graphics
    Imagitec
    Infogrames
    Krisalis Software
    Legend Entertainment
    Ocean Software
    Spectrum Holobyte
    Teque Software

The only Japanese game they've licensed was Gourmet Squad which was developed by Winds who list both Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer and Galaxy Fight in their "Our Works" section. According to the page they worked on the character pixel art and event graphics for both games.

1995年
    タイトル:超人学園ゴウカイザー
    対応ハード:NEO-GEO
    発売元:テクノスジャパン
    発売日:1995年10月
    制作内容:2Dキャラクタードット絵、イベントグラフィック

タイトル:ギャラクシーファイト
    対応ハード:NEO-GEO
    発売元:サンソフト
    発売日:1995年1月
    制作内容:2Dキャラクタードット絵、イベントグラフィック
    Maybe this unreleased game was something they were helping develop or perhaps original title.

That’s a serious stretch but it’s as good as any other theory I suppose.

I just dislike twitter being used as a stage to announce information. Using brief & vague statements of no substance. Followed by evasive responses (if any) to the subsequent questions. Pretentious bullshit.
    The last time someone announced on Twitter that they were bringing out a neogeo proto was March 31, 2012. It’s only been 7 years with no follow up. So don’t hold your breath this time.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Creator of the Master List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Don't even joke about that. That easily would be the ultimate SNK find.
    It's nearly impossible for me to imagine Crystalis 2, assuming it was more than a rumor, would be a Neogeo game. To be viable as an arcade game would require it to be totally different from the NES game.

I think the guy who put that on the Master List as a rumored title had his head up his ass

Armored Scrum Object

I'm trying to get excited, but I know it's going to be super lame or half assed.
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

Lazy SNK Employee

Great news, but I'm 99% sure it's either some lowkey real unreleased game (ninja gaiden 2, hebereke, or even... that poker shit?), or an unreleased homebrew. It'd be really amazing to get one of the most sought-after protos that.. hrrm-hrrm "SOME".. people hoard, but I doubt we'll get one of the black-shelled, red-labeled ones.
    Unless...
    If you have a proto, I have 5000$. PM.
    Looking for info about a specific AES system? Mail id@hayde.neoteam620.com , I may have some.

Quote Originally Posted by defalt View Post
    Great news, but I'm 99% sure it's either some lowkey real unreleased game (ninja gaiden 2, hebereke, or even... that poker shit?), or an unreleased homebrew. It'd be really amazing to get one of the most sought-after protos that.. hrrm-hrrm "SOME".. people hoard, but I doubt we'll get one of the black-shelled, red-labeled ones.
    Unless...
    Did you mistype that? Those are the games you wouldn't be excited about? Maybe you don't realize how rare that kind of find would be?

Hidden Striker

Pretty doubtful Piko could cut a deal with Koei Tecmo to release something like Ninja Gaiden.

Stupid Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    I just dislike twitter being used as a stage to announce information.
    needs more post-it notes

H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    What are the odds it’s the actual Treasure of the Caribbean? Lol
    If it is, I hope there will be a concerted effort to harvest every NCI TotC cartridge and convert into the real deal.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Did you mistype that? Those are the games you wouldn't be excited about? Maybe you don't realize how rare that kind of find would be?
    Absolutely. They might be rare but imo the SNK/ADK unreleased games are worth way more. My list (most interesting first) would be FFB, then Sun Shine, then Mystic Wand, then Bi-Plane, then Dunk Star, then Last Odyssey, then wotf and the other third party stuff. Tbh I mainly care about the first games. Idc how I'll get them but I'll get them.
    If you have a proto, I have 5000$. PM.
    Looking for info about a specific AES system? Mail id@hayde.neoteam620.com , I may have some.

Thread Information