Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I wonder if its something where they need a "hacker" because they lack the technical understanding of how to set up the dual pcb's and the chips to run on original hardware. AES/MVS isn't like SNES where tutorials on making your own boards are all over the place.

But it does sound relatively "finished", as a hacker isn't going to be adding art or writing a ton of code

Could be that they have some source, or an earlier build with more assets not in the executables, that needs to be restrung.

I just recently did this with Ironblood on the 3DO M2. Had source, executable had issues. Did some copy and paste work (mostly knowing where to amend data is all the skill needed) across a few different folders of the zip file and changed some file name indicators in the main executable, and after a few attempts I had the game booting on original hardware.

So it could just be a situation like that. All the files exist for the game, but they aren't assembled / referenced correctly for it to run as expected

NexusX

Astra Superstar
It would of been nice to at least maybe tease some more info like the NGH# assigned to it.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I would guess this is some sub-par homebrew title that they acquired, not something to get excited about. Look at the quality of other stuff they have released. Maybe they are going to sell Super Bubble Pop repros.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Oh God. I hope it's not that crouching pony game by le Cortex or whoever they were.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Oh God. I hope it's not that crouching pony game by le Cortex or whoever they were.

Being a recently-made product, CrouchingHiddenPonyWhatever should include source code when being acquired.

Is better to think is any non interesting mahjong game, and if by any chance is Last Odyssey or similar, better for us.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The only thing I want to hear is Crystalis 2.

Jon

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Here'a a list of the companies who IPs Piko owns.

Accolade
Beam Software
Core Design
Gremlin Graphics
Imagitec
Infogrames
Krisalis Software
Legend Entertainment
Ocean Software
Spectrum Holobyte
Teque Software

The only Japanese game they've licensed was Gourmet Squad which was developed by Winds who list both Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer and Galaxy Fight in their "Our Works" section. According to the page they worked on the character pixel art and event graphics for both games.

1995年
タイトル:超人学園ゴウカイザー
対応ハード:NEO-GEO
発売元:テクノスジャパン
発売日:1995年10月
制作内容:2Dキャラクタードット絵、イベントグラフィック

タイトル:ギャラクシーファイト
対応ハード:NEO-GEO
発売元:サンソフト
発売日:1995年1月
制作内容:2Dキャラクタードット絵、イベントグラフィック

Maybe this unreleased game was something they were helping develop or perhaps original title.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
That’s a serious stretch but it’s as good as any other theory I suppose.

I just dislike twitter being used as a stage to announce information. Using brief & vague statements of no substance. Followed by evasive responses (if any) to the subsequent questions. Pretentious bullshit.
The last time someone announced on Twitter that they were bringing out a neogeo proto was March 31, 2012. It’s only been 7 years with no follow up. So don’t hold your breath this time.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Don't even joke about that. That easily would be the ultimate SNK find.

It's nearly impossible for me to imagine Crystalis 2, assuming it was more than a rumor, would be a Neogeo game. To be viable as an arcade game would require it to be totally different from the NES game.

I think the guy who put that on the Master List as a rumored title had his head up his ass

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I'm trying to get excited, but I know it's going to be super lame or half assed.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Great news, but I'm 99% sure it's either some lowkey real unreleased game (ninja gaiden 2, hebereke, or even... that poker shit?), or an unreleased homebrew. It'd be really amazing to get one of the most sought-after protos that.. hrrm-hrrm "SOME".. people hoard, but I doubt we'll get one of the black-shelled, red-labeled ones.
Unless...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Great news, but I'm 99% sure it's either some lowkey real unreleased game (ninja gaiden 2, hebereke, or even... that poker shit?), or an unreleased homebrew. It'd be really amazing to get one of the most sought-after protos that.. hrrm-hrrm "SOME".. people hoard, but I doubt we'll get one of the black-shelled, red-labeled ones.
Unless...
Did you mistype that? Those are the games you wouldn't be excited about? Maybe you don't realize how rare that kind of find would be?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Pretty doubtful Piko could cut a deal with Koei Tecmo to release something like Ninja Gaiden.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What are the odds it’s the actual Treasure of the Caribbean? Lol

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Did you mistype that? Those are the games you wouldn't be excited about? Maybe you don't realize how rare that kind of find would be?

Absolutely. They might be rare but imo the SNK/ADK unreleased games are worth way more. My list (most interesting first) would be FFB, then Sun Shine, then Mystic Wand, then Bi-Plane, then Dunk Star, then Last Odyssey, then wotf and the other third party stuff. Tbh I mainly care about the first games. Idc how I'll get them but I'll get them.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Absolutely. They might be rare but imo the SNK/ADK unreleased games are worth way more. My list (most interesting first) would be FFB, then Sun Shine, then Mystic Wand, then Bi-Plane, then Dunk Star, then Last Odyssey, then wotf and the other third party stuff. Tbh I mainly care about the first games. Idc how I'll get them but I'll get them.

So- I've been around a little bit and I don't recognize some of those. Where do you find your information? I'd love to look at what's known for these.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
The info available on this website is incomplete. The most up-to-date list is this one:
Fun Fun Bros
Last Odyssey
Warlocks of the Fates
Shinryu Senki
Treasure of the Caribbean (Not NCI / Lecortex version)
Karate Ninja Sho
Magic Master
Sun Shine / Block Paradise
Mystic Wand
Dunk star
Eye of the Typhoon
Hebereke's Pair Pair Wars
QP
Dance RythMIX
Poker Kingdom
Bi-Plane

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Why is this the most up-to-date list? Because you typed it? Dafuq?

Links/pics/xacrow’s home address, or gtfo.