Analogue DAC (Digital-to-Autism Converter)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Say Hello to Analogue DAC.

The most advanced digital to analog converter ever made for experiencing video game history. In analog. Every aspect of DAC is designed for the most discerning enthusiast. Eye-opening analog video. High fidelity audio. Forget about mod kits and wiring hacks — DAC is plug and play and produces reference quality analog outputs.

Play Analogue on CRT’s and PVM’s.

Pre-order yours now at: https://www.analogue.co/dac/

One thing's for sure... These guys are great at selling products!

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
*only works with Analogue products.

Bummer. Tying it to only their consoles was a stupid choice. They should have designed it for any HDMI source.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Bummer. Tying it to only their consoles was a stupid choice. They should have designed it for any HDMI source.

Not that I have a use for the thing, but are you sure? I don't see anything official stating this.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Lol, using "high end gear" for things that were sold as fucking toys. Fuck Christoph and his scumbag lying ass.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I remember they mentioned something about this awhile back but I don't see the point. Not knocking it. Although they say it only supports their Analogue consoles. Someone might figure out how to use other devices with it.

What's stopping someone from just hooking up a original Genesis or SNES via rgb to crt?

I guess it's a option for those who just prefer to play on a crt.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

I'm guessing the device doesn't have any scaling capability at all, so it would be locked down to just their specific systems.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is the analog output they promised for their HDMI-only systems. I've seen it demoed on My Life In Gaming's channel. Appears to work very well.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I'm guessing the device doesn't have any scaling capability at all, so it would be locked down to just their specific systems.

Yeah, from what I recall hearing someone mention was that it pumps out data not to HDMI standard video delivery specifications and then this converts that data.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
It's definitely a strange product and not sure what consoles are aimed at precisely. (EDIT: besides their own, of course)

PS3, Wii and XBox360 all have RGB/Component output options in 480i. Maybe those are for the new generation like PS4 and Switch?
There are several nice ports on the Switch which I wouldn't mind playing on my BVM to be honest, but is this really necessary?

I guess time will tell...

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Not that I have a use for the thing, but are you sure? I don't see anything official stating this.

I remember reading it somewhere before, when they initially announced. But it's all over the facebook reveal, in the comments.

Seems like a real shame, this could have been a great standalone device for any HDMI source. People go to crazy lengths just to get Sonic Mania on Switch to play on their CRT's properly. This could have been something useful for the gaming community as a whole, but instead it's only for Analogue'rs. Questionable business decision, IMO.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Questionable business decision, IMO.

Maybe there'll be a second coming soon, with a box for all other sources and not supporting their products. This way, they'll double cash-grab and call it demand-related, compassionate fan service. A prospective business decision.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
attention people trying to buy analogue products to use on their PVMs, let's do some math:

genesis - (20-40 dollars used on facebook)
everdrive x3 54 dollars shipped
option 1: hd retrovision component cables 60 bucks
option 2: scart cables 35-50
total from 120-180 dollars

Mega SG: 190
this dac thing 80
total 270

wouldn't it just be cheaper (and more pure) to just get original shit?

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I use a cheap ass HDMI to Scart converter I got on aliexpress for around 5 bucks shipped.
Is it great? No, it isn't but for 5 bucks it's good enough.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
From my experience, if someone owns a professional CRT, they bought it to play their original hardware on and/or did roker's clever math long ago. If someone owns an "Analogue" product, they bought it to never bother with CRTs and/or prefer the clinically clean digital picture anyway. But yeah, there is a point somewhere, there is one, there must be... right?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's for the kids today who bought an analogue console and want to 'experience' gaming on a CRT.

This stinks of brand loyalty far too much if you ask me.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
The reason I bought a hdmi to scart was for the mini snes. And the neogeo mini. Was curious how it would look. Not bad for $5,-.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
The Analogue Nt Mini is by far my favorite modern retro game device. I was actually surprised this came in so cheap. If you think about the jailbreaks and other capabilities of the Super NT and MegaNT this device should be awesome assuming it works as advertised.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
everything about that store and their products just screams hipster.
might aswell put some apple products on there.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
From my experience, if someone owns a professional CRT, they bought it to play their original hardware on and/or did roker's clever math long ago. If someone owns an "Analogue" product, they bought it to never bother with CRTs and/or prefer the clinically clean digital picture anyway. But yeah, there is a point somewhere, there is one, there must be... right?

Yeah, the Analogue consoles I got so I can move away from using a CRT. I still have my original hardware hooked up specifically for light gun games but I’m debating how much I actually care about them and might honestly ditch It all and only bring out the CRT when I specifically want to play a light gun game.

everything about that store and their products just screams hipster.
might aswell put some apple products on there.

Is it hipster to use apple products considering a incredibly well selling product/brand is the antithesis of hipsterdom ?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

My thoughts exactly. I wonder how many people are going to buy the DAC thinking that they can pick up a pro CRT on the cheap and then realize that people have been gouging prices for years.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Is it hipster to use apple products considering a incredibly well selling product/brand is the antithesis of hipsterdom ?

Yeah, I agree with this. The idea that Apple is hipster is antiquated. It's now a status symbol type of brand name.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah you guys are right, apple is indeed for suckers.