Bandridge 5 Port Scart Front AV/S-Video Problem

Hey all,

Its been awhile since I been around. Hopefully I can get a solid answer here!

So been working on my gaming set up with this scart switch which works wonders. Trying to use the front S-Video/RCA ports, but nothing shows on screen. Ordered it from Amazon and they sent me a replacement which gives the same problem.

Did a search before posting and found people who are/had the same issue and wondering if any solution has been resolved with this.

Thanks!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Hey all,

So been working on my gaming set up with this scart switch which works wonders. Trying to use the front S-Video/RCA ports, but nothing shows on screen. Ordered it from Amazon and they sent me a replacement which gives the same problem.

Did a search before posting and found people who are/had the same issue and wondering if any solution has been resolved with this.

Thanks!

Just making sure we're crossing our the obvious here

The AV port is input 1 on the front facing buttons, assuming you have a manual version. Ensure that there's a solid connection and see if there are any cold solder joints or breaks when you open it up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Does your device accept an svideo signal from a scart cable?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't think the front AV1 inputs (composite/s-video/LR audio) work on these. Of the front ports, only the 3.5mm audio out functions correctly.

Whippy

Banned
Hey all,

Thanks!

I don't know what sort of television it is, but I know in my case I have a 2005 Zenith television, and though it has both S-video AND RCA connections, only one of them can be in use at one time and the television will default to Svideo IF it detects anything plugged into that port. i.e. Composite will NEVER work if S-video is plugged in at all. I would try to remove every connection to the set and directly connect one of your sources S-video directly to the set. Try a few if possible. I do know some things like PAL Wii units will not output Svideo, only Scart/RGB, and As a yankee from the good-old USA I know nothing about SCART/RGB. I still get excited for S-video and consider it my high definition display.