Thoughts on worth of a NIB PAL console?

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Dude's selling an admittedly physically good looking supposedly pal console with box, claiming it to be most likely new/never used.

What do you guys think of the price he has on it assuming what he claims is true? I know NIB AESs are becoming harder and harder to find, and people tend to charge waaaaay too much for American AESs with box regardless of condition. TBH I was actually wondering if this could potentially even be an American system and someone just wrote "PAL" on the box. It doesnt even come with a PSU.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-AE...703153&hash=item1a83d00831:g:R6oAAOSwWQZdba1r

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
500 max. Pad aint new. Console seems to, or mint+ at worst. Some guys would pay that price, but they already have it. The usual listing-that-will-still-be-here-in-10-years, like the NOS KoF 95 US. New, but if not sealed noone gives a duck.
Edit: i have a marker too

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Maybe the seller can use his winnings to buy a decent camera? ;-)

And did the power supply magically drop out of the never-opened box? Or does he just wish to cover up the fact it has a US plug so isn't PAL? Fleabay scalpers never cease to amaze.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Think of the holiday you could have with what he's asking for.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
We should all chip in and buy it for Theo.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
TBH an OmegaMVS, NeoSD and OSSC would be a better buy, and cost a similar amount to what this scalper wants.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
500 max. Pad aint new. Console seems to, or mint+ at worst. Some guys would pay that price, but they already have it. The usual listing-that-will-still-be-here-in-10-years, like the NOS KoF 95 US. New, but if not sealed noone gives a duck.
Edit: i have a marker too

I feel you. Maybe if there were some surefire way to tell it was NIB, and he at lest had all the small things like a PSU, he could get away with charging that on ebay. But damn dude, an obvi used controller and no PSU really get me.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's hard to tell from the shitty blurry ass pictures, but nothing in that auction looks new. While it looks to be in good shape, the joystick is dusty and had wear marks, the console also has dust that can be seen on the pic of the back, and it's really hard to see but there might be some crud in the lines on the top of the system that's hard to clean off. It's telling that the one picture that you'd be able to see the condition the best is horribly blurry and out of focus. My money on this guy being a liar, there are too many red flags in this auction and he's trying to fleece some noob desperate for a boxed system. Don't be that noob.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
"Never played" - utter load of nonsense. Look at how worn that box is. If the box looks like that I would immediately disregard comments like NIB and 'never played'.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Used and box is on poor condition. Don't buy :shame:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
"Never played" - utter load of nonsense. Look at how worn that box is. If the box looks like that I would immediately disregard comments like NIB and 'never played'.

That's where you're wrong. This is a rare variant that did not include a power supply and is therefore unplayable. Case closed!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Im surprised at the pics being so awful. The seller has over 1000 sales, so he has to have the cash to buy a decent camera or even a cellphone.

I'd pass on anything he sells.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well, the seller never played it. That I could believe. But he bought it used for sure.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Im surprised at the pics being so awful. The seller has over 1000 sales, so he has to have the cash to buy a decent camera or even a cellphone.

I'd pass on anything he sells.

If you look at his other auctions, all the pictures are crystal clear. The only thing I saw blurry was that system pic. He knows what he's doing.