MVS MV2F repair

matman

n00b
I have a neo geo MV2F board I got off eBay I’m trying to repair.

Problem: the screen shows a rolling/flickering line as if the sync is off but the picture is not whole - more of just a couple lines. Does this with/without a cart in and whether or not the diagnostic rom is in or normal rom. (Although lines are greenish with diag chip and reddish if not)

Upon initial inspection the slow video ram (green dotted in the picture) looked physically damaged/melting so I replaced them and cleaned up the board to some extent.

Changing them did not help and I noticed that the lspc2 and video fast ram are really hot to the touch (unlike my other mvs2f board). Both have yellow dots in the image.

I’m not sure what next step to take. I’ve gone over the board looking for damaged traces but not finding anything.

I believe lspc2 provides sync which could explain the output but I’m not sure if maybe the fast ram should be swapped out and I don’t have a spare lspc2 that I want to use.

Edit: i realize the monitor image looks like vertical collapse but it’s not. The image is rolling and other MVS pcb displays fine. Hard to capture a rolling sync like issue in an image.

a740fc1ae24737bb66560dd79afae53f.jpg
6470b04a6bcf74502509a1d28d269f95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk