Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: MiSTer Neo Geo FPGA core released

  1. #26
    Cham Cham's Banana
    kidchameleon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Posts
    152
    Analogue filed a patent a few weeks ago that would suggest their next console will be some kind of gameboy. Though I have no doubt they will make a Neo Geo soon enough also

  2. #27
    Cham Cham's Banana
    Lee_Rekka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SouthTown

    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (maybe on Atari-Forum) that one of furrtek's original design goals was to enable original cartridges to be used. IDK whether the DE10-Nano has enough I/O capabilities for Neo Geo carts, or whether the core would need to be ported to another FPGA development platform.

    My money is on Analogue/Kevtris beating the MiSTer project to the punch, though. Firstly, all of their previous consoles have supported original carts. Secondly, they seem to come out with a new FPGA console every 12 to 18 months, and the NG would seem the next logical alternative, as current FPGAs aren't powerful enough to simulate fifth-generation consoles (PS1, N64 etc.) yet. Maybe they could do the PCE/TG-16 next, but since Cristoph seems to have a raging hard-on for the Neo Geo, I'm gonna go with it instead.
    MiSTer will not support carts, if you like sticking carts in things, your gonna have to wait until Analogue or someone else releases an FPGA Neo Geo.

    The DE-10 Nano is capable of running a PS1 core, somebody was working on it, but who knows when they will finish it.

    Also, PCE/TG-16 are already on MiSTer, with CD support hopefully coming in the near future.

  3. #28
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    sparksterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rochester, NY

    Posts
    567
    The MiSTer project is just amazing. I appreciate the Analogue products for their dedication to one platform and enjoy it for that, but this tiny box just quickly becoming the do-it-all solution is just mind blowing.

    I've been waiting for the project to settle before trying to get in on it, but I'm wondering if now's that time or not...sure seems that way. I've watched some gameplay footage of this core as it has been developed to now and it's been pretty quick progress!

  4. #29
    Super Sidekicks 2
    Locutus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
    Someone needs to do up a real deep review on the Neo Geo core. Would love to see comparison between real Neo Geo hardware.
    I'm hyped.... but I need to see how good this Mister is
    It would be really useful if expert people like all of you, doing comparisons, will post any inaccuracy on GitHub or the official forum, so that they can be solved.

    Thank you in advance.
    Regards.

    Locutus73

  5. #30
    Cham Cham's Banana
    Lee_Rekka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SouthTown

    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    The MiSTer project is just amazing. I appreciate the Analogue products for their dedication to one platform and enjoy it for that, but this tiny box just quickly becoming the do-it-all solution is just mind blowing.

    I've been waiting for the project to settle before trying to get in on it, but I'm wondering if now's that time or not...sure seems that way. I've watched some gameplay footage of this core as it has been developed to now and it's been pretty quick progress!
    I'm curious what thing people are waiting to come to MiSTer before they jump on board. It already does basically all the heavy hitters and way more, to much to list.

    For me personally, it was when I found out it had an MSX core, the potential of the X68000 core being completed, and all the FPGA arcade games.

  6. #31
    Why So Many X's?
    XxHennersXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA

    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (maybe on Atari-Forum) that one of furrtek's original design goals was to enable original cartridges to be used. IDK whether the DE10-Nano has enough I/O capabilities for Neo Geo carts, or whether the core would need to be ported to another FPGA development platform.

    My money is on Analogue/Kevtris beating the MiSTer project to the punch, though. Firstly, all of their previous consoles have supported original carts. Secondly, they seem to come out with a new FPGA console every 12 to 18 months, and the NG would seem the next logical alternative, as current FPGAs aren't powerful enough to simulate fifth-generation consoles (PS1, N64 etc.) yet. Maybe they could do the PCE/TG-16 next, but since Cristoph seems to have a raging hard-on for the Neo Geo, I'm gonna go with it instead.
    Iíd love them to do a new PCE, with a JB that allows CD support and Super grafx like the SDDD3 but as a singular console. Then I can just eliminate rebuying another core grafx. Iíd be fine with that

  7. #32
    Super Sidekicks 2
    Locutus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    I’d love them to do a new PCE, with a JB that allows CD support and Super grafx like the SDDD3 but as a singular console. Then I can just eliminate rebuying another core grafx. I’d be fine with that
    https://www.trademarkia.com/company-...17390-page-1-2
    so it is likely next products will be some sort of cheaper multi core Analogue NT mini rerelease and a portable one (GB/GBC? Maybe GBA?)
    Regards.

    Locutus73

  8. #33
    Why So Many X's?
    XxHennersXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA

    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus73 View Post
    https://www.trademarkia.com/company-...17390-page-1-2
    so it is likely next products will be some sort of cheaper multi core Analogue NT mini rerelease and a portable one (GB/GBC? Maybe GBA?)
    Canít do GBA - there was a patent renewal by Nintendo on that. Thatís why hyperkin cancelled their GBA, not sure how the retron 5 skirts that (is it because itís emulation?)

    They also have Analogue 8 registered. If you count all their Neo Geo CMVS theyíve done the Analogue Pocket will be project 8, unless thatís something different

  9. #34
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    sparksterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rochester, NY

    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Rekka View Post
    I'm curious what thing people are waiting to come to MiSTer before they jump on board. It already does basically all the heavy hitters and way more, to much to list.

    For me personally, it was when I found out it had an MSX core, the potential of the X68000 core being completed, and all the FPGA arcade games.
    Honestly for me it was Neo Geo I had been waiting on. I hadn't heard anything about PS1 until recently though, but having a box that can do everything pre-PS1/Saturn seems ok in my book and I should just buy one already

  10. #35
    Super Sidekicks 2
    Locutus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    Can’t do GBA - there was a patent renewal by Nintendo on that. That’s why hyperkin cancelled their GBA, not sure how the retron 5 skirts that (is it because it’s emulation?)

    They also have Analogue 8 registered. If you count all their Neo Geo CMVS they’ve done the Analogue Pocket will be project 8, unless that’s something different
    IMHO Analogue 8 will be (as stated in my previous post) some sort of cheaper multi core Analogue NT mini. In the end Kevtris released many 8 bit computer/console cores for the NT mini jailbreak, so IMHO they will just repack the NT mini with a cheaper plastic shell, maybe just two joypad ports, no analog RGB out, and make the jailbreak cores official.
    Regards.

    Locutus73

  11. #36
    Friend me on Facebook!
    Lastblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    5,374
    I have never played with MiSTer, even though it is very intriguing. With the NG core, this is now on my radar. How hard is it to set up?

  12. #37
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    Analogue filed a patent a few weeks ago that would suggest their next console will be some kind of gameboy. Though I have no doubt they will make a Neo Geo soon enough also
    Ummm, patent applications usually get published 18 months from application date. So either was filed 18 months ago or they announced the filing by themselves? Which is it?

  13. #38
    Astra Superstar
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    824
    I have been aware of mister for a while but never really looked to hard at it.

    But I must admit the advances that have been made recently have certainly made me consider picking one up.

  14. #39
    ネオジオ
    massimiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    On the green!!

    Posts
    3,066
    cool! btw, what's the status/expectation for CPS1/2? I guess that would be quite a huge game changer..(pun not intended)
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

  15. #40
    Why So Many X's?
    XxHennersXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA

    Posts
    525
    Iím getting tempted to shove a MISTer in a NGX dock

  16. #41
    Tesse's Maintainence Man
    Xavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fort Wayne

    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_Rekka View Post
    For me personally, it was when I found out it had an MSX core, the potential of the X68000 core being completed, and all the FPGA arcade games.
    I came here to ask about the X68000 core

  17. #42
    Super Sidekicks 2
    Locutus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I came here to ask about the X68000 core
    Unfortunately it’s far from functional. It needs to be adopted and refined/reworked.
    Regards.

    Locutus73

  18. #43
    Tesse's Maintainence Man
    Xavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fort Wayne

    Posts
    2,904
    Last time I checked it wasn't working on a raspberry pi either.
    The windows emulators I've tried don't seem optimized and are lacking in features as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •