Thread: Taito F3 No Sound

Mr. Big's Thug

Taito F3 No Sound

Hey y'all, I just purchased an F3 game for my mobo Ive had for a few years but never used. Finally go to install it in my blast, and everything seems to work except for the sound. Ive tried going through the test menu and sound test but nothing, no sound at all. Tried reseating the cart and Jamma connector but nothing. I have researched that there is stereo audio standalone connector on the board. I suppose my next attempt to get sound should be from here? Does anyone have or know where to find one of these cables? Or am I better off just looking for a new mobo?
    Cool ass/helpful dudes: bartre, BlackaneseNiNjA,

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.
    illadelph Snail Trail aka the Pleasure Domes

Sound work on other F3 games?
    Sound work on other PCBs in the Blast?
    If I had a Blast I would go the stereo cable route anyway as that seems to be a simple connection. Making the wire is pretty simple.

I certainly would not give up on the mobo yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Sound work on other F3 games?
    Sound work on other PCBs in the Blast?
    If I had a Blast I would go the stereo cable route anyway as that seems to be a simple connection. Making the wire is pretty simple.

I certainly would not give up on the mobo yet.
    The audio seems to work fine with my rival schools pcb. Though that uses the RCA leads. Ill try it in a different cab via just a jamma harness. Could it be the jamma loom for my blast city wont accept audio? I dont have any other F3 games.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

JAMMA audio is almost always amplified.

Stereo harnesses through RCA/Phono connectors (white/red) are usually line level. Stuff like CPS2 stereo.

On boards 4 pin stereo harnesses can be either amplified/line level/meant for headphone (like mvs). A lot of times people make 4 pin adapters to RCA/phono.

In any case just google the board in question to see if the audio is amplified or not. I believe F3 stereo out is amplified as well. Good chance it is probably just your blast city.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 09-07-2019 at 11:06 AM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

I wish my name
    IRL... Was Rich.
    SCOOPIN' USA!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

F3 is pre amped but has a weird pinout. You also have to set the volume for f3 in the test mode. As far as getting the stereo, itís a 4 pin jst connector and you can find the pinout on AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Nobody cares what you think, Saner.

Nobody.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

If I recall, mono goes over the JAMMA interface, stereo comes off the board via the 4 pin header. I've sometimes found one works and not the other. Likely due to capacitors needing replaced I assume, but I've yet to replace mine to confirm that.

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    If I recall, mono goes over the JAMMA interface, stereo comes off the board via the 4 pin header. I've sometimes found one works and not the other. Likely due to capacitors needing replaced I assume, but I've yet to replace mine to confirm that.
    Interesting, Ill have to try and wire up a breakout for the RCAs. Thank you!

Mr. Big's Thug

Confirmed, it was my blast and not the board. Fired it up in a dynamo can and it sounded excellent! Thanks yall!

Thread Information