The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

omg omg omg

Guess it’s time to play me some Smash.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nice! I thought it would be Kyo. I prefer Terry.

I love the use of old art and sprites in the trailer, even though there's no gameplay.

I'm kind of thinking of playing this Smash now. I haven't really since the GameCube.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I legit can’t breathe right now lol

I have to admit I'm fangirling like a bitch right now.

The REAL King of Fighters crosses over.

Fuck off, Kyo. SNK has always belonged to Terry and it always will.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The reveal was pretty brilliant I must say. Even though I think Smash Bros is poop. The way they do these presentations is top notch

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The reveal was pretty brilliant I must say. Even though I think Smash Bros is poop. The way they do these presentations is top notch

Yeah for real, fuck smash. It’s pure shit, can’t stand it, never could.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never liked Smash, but my nephews love it. This at least gives me enough motivation to finally stop avoiding playing it with them once in a while.

And the trailer was awesome. I loved the side step from SNES.

And yeah, so glad they picked Terry over muddlehumping Kyo.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
So now there is
Nintendo
SEGA+Atlus+Platinum
Namco
Konami
Capcom
Square+Enix

Representation. Of the big Japanese publishers, the obvious missing links are Tecmo/Koei. You gotta think Ryu is gonna get in there. Or somebody from DoA or one of the Warriors games.

Wouldn't be shocked to see some more western representation after Banjo was revealed. Rayman, Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Doomguy would all make sense.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought they hinted that there would be more characters to follow, even though the first season pass is only for four characters. If I can find where I read it again, I'll share it.

Ryu Hayabusa has to get in there. Ninja Gaiden is a legendary NES game.

As for Smash being bad, I used to think the same until I really dove into Ultimate. For me, it's the staggering detail in the fan service that hooked me in. The Castlevania content is unreal. You can tell Nintendo REALLY did its homework with the franchises. This is Fatal Fury 3 stage levels of franchise appreciation.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nintendo treats most of these third party characters better than the companies than own them.

Sonic, Pac-Man, Snake, Mega Man, the Belmonts, Banjo and Kazooie.

Terry in Smash is great for SNK. Even bigger than getting characters into DoA 5/6, SoulCalibur VI, and Tekken 7. They should try to get someone into MK or GG too. Street Fighter would probably be out of the question but if Capcom's down, do that too.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Terry is dope in Fighting EX Layer, so this pleases me. Sorry, DEVIL_GUI...
*TERRY_B* IS
S
N
Kay/ARTTRAGHHH, WOOOOOOKOOOH!!SNKhdjskammaanzbsbs?’mbbsnsj

-how is yellow?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
9e0f932ee8c9eb9d711f44f5afdcbcd8.jpg

Jumpingmanjim

Cheng's Errand Boy
Anyone knows the movie's name which had the voice sample for kof94's intro? I found the thread, but the youtube links are dead:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...tro-of-kof94&p=3351440&viewfull=1#post3351440

It was one of those documentary shows on Discovery or National geographic about prisons.

Actually i'm thinking of another KoF sample, the movie was called Kinjite Forbidden Subjects

You can hear it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXiFy47mbJE

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ken and Ryu are already in smash though.

I was referring to SNK continuing their trend of having their characters in other fighting game series, ie
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Soul Calibur VI
Tekken 7
Fighting EX Layer
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Dead or Alive 6

All have at least one SNK character. So I was saying SNK should try to get somebody into other series like Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter too. It seems to be helping, along with actually producing decent games like KOF XIV and SamSho.