Arcade 1up Japan releasing KOF Cabinet

Gaoh

New Challenger
https://arcade1up.jp/

If you are lucky enough to show up to TGS2019, you can get your hands on Burger Time and SNK’s King of Fighters cabinet early! Currently the 3/4 scale cabinet maker will feature KOF 94, KOF 96 and KOF 98! It also comes with a special edition Riser

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Pretty cool but not too crazy about the design/aesthetics. Looks like a red cab with some kof logos and illustrations scattered about....The old mini cabs that came out with the CRT built in looks better imo.
BB

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I wish the marquee looked more like a Big Red marquee with a mini-mini marquee lol

Since they went with a big red aesthetic, it’d have been cool to have 4 games and just make the marquee look like one for a 4 slot.

I’d rather they have chosen 4 different games. Like a metal slug, a KOF, a Sam Sho, and then something like GOTW that would have made it a deal sealer.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Not feeling the look of it to be honest. Give me that Metal Slug or SamSho A1U and I’ll probably bite.

Gaoh

New Challenger
It’s just first of many I am sure, still, didn’t know they would make SNK cabinets, I so want one! And these are super hackable

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Heh, if by hackable you mean replacing the existing components with a raspberry pi. Unfortunately I don't think there's been a ton of success in unlocking these the same way the NES classic or PS1 classic were hacked with games easily being able to be loaded onto the stock hardware.

One could easily stick an MVS in this cab though in lieu of the pi.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
the build quality really seems like crap on these though, don't you think? One could probably find a decent JAMMA conversion cab that takes up a relatively small footprint in the home for the same price

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Heh, if by hackable you mean replacing the existing components with a raspberry pi. Unfortunately I don't think there's been a ton of success in unlocking these the same way the NES classic or PS1 classic were hacked with games easily being able to be loaded onto the stock hardware.

One could easily stick an MVS in this cab though in lieu of the pi.

Why is it always a raspberry pi? Yuck.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So did anyone save the image? I don’t see squat.

56AD55A4-B0CB-4C52-AC6A-1FFD53FD0E13.jpeg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
For people who like these mini cabs, I guess to each their own, but I just don't get it. These are always just gonna be fake wannabe cabs.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Meh its just the worst investment ever. Every other snk neogeo console thing comes with like 40 games. I'd want a mini cab but i'd also want it to be designed off the japanese system not the wood. If it was just a bigger version of the neogeo mini loaded with something like 40ish games for $300 i'd bit. I mean as long as the emulation was much better and clicky sticks.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Meh its just the worst investment ever. Every other snk neogeo console thing comes with like 40 games. I'd want a mini cab but i'd also want it to be designed off the japanese system not the wood. If it was just a bigger version of the neogeo mini loaded with something like 40ish games for $300 i'd bit. I mean as long as the emulation was much better and clicky sticks.

Was emulation on the Neo Geo Mini bad? I thought the problem was just the blurry HDMI output.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
the build quality really seems like crap on these though, don't you think? One could probably find a decent JAMMA conversion cab that takes up a relatively small footprint in the home for the same price

The build quality is adequate, not good but more like an IKEA arcade machine. Which makes me a hypocrite because I fucking hate IKEA furniture . I have the Final Fight and the MKII A1U, and I had to swap parts out from a second set for the MK2 due to damage partical board panels. The screens on both machines are scratched to hell also. I think of them more as a toy. My kids love to play them and the nieces and nephews also get a kick out of them. The quality does have room for improvement.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I wish these companies would make a fullsize cabinet. I'm neither a child nor a dwarf.