Thread: Arcade 1up Japan releasing KOF Cabinet

New Challenger

Arcade 1up Japan releasing KOF Cabinet

https://arcade1up.jp/

If you are lucky enough to show up to TGS2019, you can get your hands on Burger Time and SNK’s King of Fighters cabinet early! Currently the 3/4 scale cabinet maker will feature KOF 94, KOF 96 and KOF 98! It also comes with a special edition Riser
    Last edited by Gaoh; 08-30-2019 at 01:35 PM.

SHOCKbox Developer
    Pretty cool but not too crazy about the design/aesthetics. Looks like a red cab with some kof logos and illustrations scattered about....The old mini cabs that came out with the CRT built in looks better imo.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

Why So Many X's?

I wish the marquee looked more like a Big Red marquee with a mini-mini marquee lol

Since they went with a big red aesthetic, itd have been cool to have 4 games and just make the marquee look like one for a 4 slot.

Id rather they have chosen 4 different games. Like a metal slug, a KOF, a Sam Sho, and then something like GOTW that would have made it a deal sealer.

Neo Bubble Buster

Not feeling the look of it to be honest. Give me that Metal Slug or SamSho A1U and I’ll probably bite.
    Whose mouth do I have to shit in to get some respect around here?

New Challenger

It’s just first of many I am sure, still, didn’t know they would make SNK cabinets, I so want one! And these are super hackable
    Last edited by Gaoh; 08-30-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Heh, if by hackable you mean replacing the existing components with a raspberry pi. Unfortunately I don't think there's been a ton of success in unlocking these the same way the NES classic or PS1 classic were hacked with games easily being able to be loaded onto the stock hardware.

One could easily stick an MVS in this cab though in lieu of the pi.
    Last edited by sirlynxalot; 08-30-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Mai's Stalker

the build quality really seems like crap on these though, don't you think? One could probably find a decent JAMMA conversion cab that takes up a relatively small footprint in the home for the same price

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

Quote Originally Posted by sirlynxalot View Post
    Heh, if by hackable you mean replacing the existing components with a raspberry pi. Unfortunately I don't think there's been a ton of success in unlocking these the same way the NES classic or PS1 classic were hacked with games easily being able to be loaded onto the stock hardware.

One could easily stick an MVS in this cab though in lieu of the pi.
    Why is it always a raspberry pi? Yuck.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Not so fast it seems...

"We also wanted to address the SNK machine that was listed on our Japan website. This was an error on our end and only a mockup for internal presentation purposes. It shouldn’t have been listed, as we are still in conversations with the licensor. So let's just all agree that nobody ever saw it."
    https://www.facebook.com/Arcade1UpOf...type=3&theater

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

RevQuixo. Who He?

So did anyone save the image? I don’t see squat.

56AD55A4-B0CB-4C52-AC6A-1FFD53FD0E13.jpeg
    Last edited by NeoCverA; 08-31-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Mai's Stalker

Omgggg hahahahahahahaaaa

For people who like these mini cabs, I guess to each their own, but I just don't get it. These are always just gonna be fake wannabe cabs.

Morden's Lackey

Meh its just the worst investment ever. Every other snk neogeo console thing comes with like 40 games. I'd want a mini cab but i'd also want it to be designed off the japanese system not the wood. If it was just a bigger version of the neogeo mini loaded with something like 40ish games for $300 i'd bit. I mean as long as the emulation was much better and clicky sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by ysselcneogeo View Post
    Meh its just the worst investment ever. Every other snk neogeo console thing comes with like 40 games. I'd want a mini cab but i'd also want it to be designed off the japanese system not the wood. If it was just a bigger version of the neogeo mini loaded with something like 40ish games for $300 i'd bit. I mean as long as the emulation was much better and clicky sticks.
    Was emulation on the Neo Geo Mini bad? I thought the problem was just the blurry HDMI output.

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Neorebel View Post
    the build quality really seems like crap on these though, don't you think? One could probably find a decent JAMMA conversion cab that takes up a relatively small footprint in the home for the same price
    The build quality is adequate, not good but more like an IKEA arcade machine. Which makes me a hypocrite because I fucking hate IKEA furniture . I have the Final Fight and the MKII A1U, and I had to swap parts out from a second set for the MK2 due to damage partical board panels. The screens on both machines are scratched to hell also. I think of them more as a toy. My kids love to play them and the nieces and nephews also get a kick out of them. The quality does have room for improvement.
    Whose mouth do I have to shit in to get some respect around here?

Rugal's Thug

I wish these companies would make a fullsize cabinet. I'm neither a child nor a dwarf.

Thread Information