Thread: PGM KOV Plus Boot or No Boot

PGM KOV Plus Boot or No Boot

Lately I've been adding to my PGM collection. I've noticed it's pretty hard to find reliable information on this system in English.

I've noticed from the examples I've found online that carts of Knights of Valour Plus don't even seem to have a unique label on the cart. They just have a normal Knights of Valour label.

So I'm curious if "Plus" was just sold as an upgrade kit. All the same, I would expect IGS to have at least sent out official EPROMs with their normal labeling on them.

Here's the cart I just got, and I'm wondering if this is just "booylicious". If this were Neo Geo I'd dismiss this as a boot immediately, but in this case I'm still learning about how PGM works, how all the upgrade patches were distributed, etc.

I'll probably be on the lookout for another copy of this game to confirm if I can find one with officially labeled IGS roms.

kovplus.png
    kovplus2.png

That's been "upgraded" that's a vanilla kov cart
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Thanks for the reply.

Upgraded by some previous owner with EPROMs they downloaded? Is there an actual release of KOV Plus or all they all just KOV carts?

I opened up my Korean Knights of Valour (vanilla) cart and it has original-looking roms. This is more like what I would expect a KOV Plus cart to look like, with maybe one different EPROM for the upgrade.

I guess I'll probably keep looking for a better copy of this game.

kovweb.png
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 08-31-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Thread Information