Naomi 2 Questions

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
So way back I had a Naomi in a quest to play some CVS2 in my cab, but I had many problems with a GD Rom at the time, ended up selling everything sans the actual game.

Flash forward to now and Im ready to start my Naomi journey anew. Im waiting on a recapped Naomi 2, a DIMM board, SCSI cable and a GD-Rom thats been refurbished with a new laser and gone through. This will be going into a dedicated JVS cabinet.

My questions are fairly simple, what extra wires and power supply(ies) will I need to get this monstrosity up and running?

I read somewhere that the Naomi 2 has different power requirements than the Naomi 1? Or that it can supply power to the GD-Rom itself or something? Im a complete Naomi 2 noob, and its been forever since I messed with a Naomi 1.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thanks =]

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
probably need a Capcom I/O board too

SUN psu...

I had a GD-Rom unit years ago but I think the PSU powers both the mobo and GD on separate dongles...I netboot now...

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
probably need a Capcom I/O board too

SUN psu...

I had a GD-Rom unit years ago but I think the PSU powers both the mobo and GD on separate dongles...I netboot now...

This is a fully JVS equipped cab, would I still need the I/O? I thought that was used to convert a Naomi for a Jamma cab? So the Cab itself doesnt provide power to the Naomi through a connection to the JVS harness?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
don't you still need to plug your harness into something for the controls? I assume that is the function of the I/O board...

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
If it's already JVS wired (like a Naomi cabinet or a New Net City something like that) you will already have the JVS I/O board. If you're re-wiring a JAMMA cabinet to JVS you have two options. Either completely rewire the cabinet to JVS (which includes getting a JVS I/O board) or getting a Capcom I/O board so you can connect the JAMMA harness up to the Naomi. Either way, if you're running a DIMM an GD-ROM you'll need an dedicated PSU like the Sun PSU mentioned above.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
If it's already JVS wired (like a Naomi cabinet or a New Net City something like that) you will already have the JVS I/O board. If you're re-wiring a JAMMA cabinet to JVS you have two options. Either completely rewire the cabinet to JVS (which includes getting a JVS I/O board) or getting a Capcom I/O board so you can connect the JAMMA harness up to the Naomi. Either way, if you're running a DIMM an GD-ROM you'll need an dedicated PSU like the Sun PSU mentioned above.

Okay cool, and yes its a JVS NNC cab. So I guess I should just need the PSU. Is there a specific model of sun PSU?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No, you have the psu in the cab you have. It's a sun psu unless someone gutted the cab.

shelcoof

New Challenger
If you fail to get it going there's always the Dreamcast Port of the game :)

Dreamcast via VGA and your golden!!