AES Monitor Attachment (psone-like)

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
So I've been kinda bored lately and have thought of a new project.

I'm thinking of building a monitor add-on for an AES. Similar to the psone flip monitor.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Get old lcd from a monitor
Get corresponding lcd driver board
RGB to VGA board
VGA out with LDVS ribbon
3D print mount for AES/LCD (figure out hinge situation)

For the test run all components would be outside the console. I'd like to assemble this without making any modifications to the AES itself.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
i have a tv in a box because I am not high technical.

sounds hard, and seriously sorry but ??to get an lsd picture from the ass??? why go through so much trouble?

what games are on the switch anyhow? i dont have one of those so idont know???

i guess maybe you could sell it?? yeah you could definately sell it!!

for me though if i could even tech, well i mean i become attached to my junk??

good luck if you pursue!

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
You ok man? Strokes are no laughing matter.

Edit, ah that's your schtick. Carry on.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I’d see this working if it had a base for the AES to sit on and just have the AV and power plug into the console from the base. Best if it was a non 5v system since most LCDs would be 9-12v powered.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
I’d see this working if it had a base for the AES to sit on and just have the AV and power plug into the console from the base. Best if it was a non 5v system since most LCDs would be 9-12v powered.

Can you explain more what you mean about the base? I've having trouble imagining it.

Also I think a simple 5v to 12v step up regulator will splice the problem. I think...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Base would be a clamshell where the AES sits on the bottom half, your biggest problem would be the height of he back because you don’t want the screen behind the cart, you’d want it above.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Base would be a clamshell where the AES sits on the bottom half, your biggest problem would be the height of he back because you don’t want the screen behind the cart, you’d want it above.

Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if it folded up into a briefcase when you were done using it. I wonder how high up the screen would have to sit to be above the cart.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if it folded up into a briefcase when you were done using it. I wonder how high up the screen would have to sit to be above the cart.

I’m assuming about 7-9” roughly.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
I’m assuming about 7-9” roughly.

This was kinda what I was thinking. the red rectangle is the screen folded down. (dimensions are obviously off)

Brilliant Fyyran.png

Brilliant Fyyran (1).png

Brilliant Fyyran (2).png

Below would be the screen up:

Brilliant Fyyran (3).png

Last edited: