Original heroes team?

Axl

n00b
Hi, I have a friend who said since years ago that the original heroes team of KOF is made of Ralf, Athena Asamiya and Takuma Mr Karate Sakazaki because...

1. Ralf is the oldest playable SNK char, at least in KOF. That's until an oldest char like Sasuke from Sasuke vs Commender can be playable at KOF.:glee:
2. Athena is the 1P char of the Psico Soldier who was the next franchise who got popular back in the eighties after Ikari, because of being the first game who had music sung by a teen singer and other stuff.
3. He thinks Takuma was retroactively merged with the karateca of Street Smart in KOF94 when they put him in that baggy gi which made him look exactly like that karateca of the first fighting game from SNK.

And that's why he always gets angry when Takuma is out of a KOF like it happened with KOF14:p

But I kinda disagree with him. I think the original heroes team is made of Terry, Ryo and Kyo for obvious reason.
But in the 4 vs 4 KOFs I put Ralf with Ryo, Kyo and Terry team of original heroes.
By the way I know i KOF97 there's an original heroes team, but we both think it doesn't count since there Athena Asamiya is fusioned with her ancestor Athena from the earlier game, and Clark was introduced a year after Ralf as the 2P player in Ikari.

Well, who you people think it's the ''original heroes'' team.:scratch:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
If you're talking KoF then the 1st Hero team was Kyo, Benimaru, and Daimon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hi, I have a friend who said since years ago that the original heroes team of KOF is made of Ralf, Athena Asamiya and Takuma Mr Karate Sakazaki because...

1. Ralf is the oldest playable SNK char, at least in KOF. That's until an oldest char like Sasuke from Sasuke vs Commender can be playable at KOF.:glee:
2. Athena is the 1P char of the Psico Soldier who was the next franchise who got popular back in the eighties after Ikari, because of being the first game who had music sung by a teen singer and other stuff.
3. He thinks Takuma was retroactively merged with the karateca of Street Smart in KOF94 when they put him in that baggy gi which made him look exactly like that karateca of the first fighting game from SNK.

And that's why he always gets angry when Takuma is out of a KOF like it happened with KOF14:p

But I kinda disagree with him. I think the original heroes team is made of Terry, Ryo and Kyo for obvious reason.
But in the 4 vs 4 KOFs I put Ralf with Ryo, Kyo and Terry team of original heroes.
By the way I know i KOF97 there's an original heroes team, but we both think it doesn't count since there Athena Asamiya is fusioned with her ancestor Athena from the earlier game, and Clark was introduced a year after Ralf as the 2P player in Ikari.

Well, who you people think it's the ''original heroes'' team.:scratch:

Your friend is not a reliable source of information.

The original hero team is the Hero team in kof 95 (Kyo, Benimaru, Goro). in '94 there wasn't a hero team but rather teams by country (Japan, Italy, France, USA, etc). Your friend is fantasizing which is cool and all, but not official at all.

Axl

n00b
Yes I know I've been pl;aying since KOF94 too.
But we were talking about original heroes of SNK, you know including the pre NeoGeo games.

Kid Fenris

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
The original Heroes Team consists of the paddle-blocks from Micon Kit, Micon Kit 2, and Micon Kit 3.