Project Neon - possible neogeo shmup in the works

sirlynxalot

Raiden's Valet
Fagit of the Year
Just saw this blurb on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/comments/ct12x3/testing_that_new_neo_geo_shmup_were_working_on/

Came here to find out more and didn't see anything. Here's the screenshot from the link:

kz7ot2zukmh31.jpg

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Looks like one of those filler games from the very early NES multicarts.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Are you using a vertical screen orientation? This looks great, new games by indies are always welcome imho. Are there any videos of it running yet as I cant find any in the links provided?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Looks promising, although I doubt I'll drop cash on a pre-order again. After the NG.Dev fiasco I'm not keen on that anymore. September 2020 release date is over a year of waiting time and I'll better invest my time and money on something that is readily available. However, an after market copy is feasible although I will have to pay more (which is okay with me).

Keep us updated here with the game please!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Noticed they're looking for a YM2610 programmer. I've been saying it would be great if someone were able to do new Neo Geo chiptunes.

Make everyone happy and sell roms instead of trying to make carts.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Sell roms and outsource carts to some Chinese manufacturer, I'm sure there must be someone who does it

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
No, I meant I'd turn my CRT over. Anyone willing to play games on a CRT who loves vertical scrollers should.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No, I meant I'd turn my CRT over. Anyone willing to play games on a CRT who loves vertical scrollers should.

?

Sounds like a cover up. It's too late though. You've already alienated him.

Now we'll never get priority here in pre-ordering his game.

GamingCult

n00b
Looks promising, although I doubt I'll drop cash on a pre-order again. After the NG.Dev fiasco I'm not keen on that anymore. September 2020 release date is over a year of waiting time and I'll better invest my time and money on something that is readily available. However, an after market copy is feasible although I will have to pay more (which is okay with me).

Keep us updated here with the game please!

I learned my lesson with the Watermelon/Paprium fiasco. Too bad as I will no longer preorder games from indie devs. Sad how a few companies ruin it for everyone.

Missile

Another Striker
It looks interesting but it's impossible to tall anything from the screenshots. I'd definitely buy a good vertical scroller for Neo Geo. Delays never bother me on NG games - they are usually to make sure the game is released without bugs etc. Please release more information about this game

sirlynxalot

Raiden's Valet
Fagit of the Year
I think the developers screen name in other forums was already full set, and he is himself an avid video game collector.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I hope they release it in rom format too. It's looking great, best looking modern neo game yet if you ask me.