Omega MVS resetting

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
My Omega MVS started having issues. It reset while using a multicart, so I switched to my authentic carts. Everything was fine but after an hour or so it reset while on pause for a few minutes. Then a few times it’s reset while resetting itself (reset a few notes into the Neo Geo jingle).

I assume it’s a PSU issue? I’ve reached out to ArcadeWorks on Facebook but If there’s a better fix than sending it out im open to it

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, maybe get a new PSU. If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage you're getting from that thing. It could always be any number of things on the board itself though (bad caps, etc) but the PSU is where I'd start.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Yeah, maybe get a new PSU. If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage you're getting from that thing. It could always be any number of things on the board itself though (bad caps, etc) but the PSU is where I'd start.

Figured it was that. It’s weird, it happens randomly. And USUALLY while left on a pause - but if I leave the Unibios screen up I’ve left it on for over an hour with no issue.

It’s so hard to replicate

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I had the same issue on my Omega recently. Replaced the power supply with a new Meanwell PD-25A (https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/mean-well/pd-25a/). I was using a 161-in-1 before but stopped after replacing the PSU and I haven't had any issues. I really think the multicart is the problem here.

I think so too. I gave everything a solid cleaning, and I’ve been playing legit carts no problem today and yesterday ALL day (honestly like 12 hours each, I had the days off and was also just letting it sit idle on pause while I did stuff around the house. Just to see if it’ll reset).

So far nothing so it seems to have fixed itself and is probably the multicart voltage fucking with it.

Time to pick up a NeoSD Pro MVS when it finally drops I guess...

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Have you tried the stability fix on your 161 cart? It's just a matter of bridging two pins and worth a shot if you have the equipment

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Have you tried the stability fix on your 161 cart? It's just a matter of bridging two pins and worth a shot if you have the equipment

I haven’t. My 161 was working great and didn’t even have the audio issues people report so I didn’t bother

Edit: now it’s doing it again

Last edited: