Thread: Omega MVS resetting

Why So Many X's?

Omega MVS resetting

My Omega MVS started having issues. It reset while using a multicart, so I switched to my authentic carts. Everything was fine but after an hour or so it reset while on pause for a few minutes. Then a few times itís reset while resetting itself (reset a few notes into the Neo Geo jingle).

I assume itís a PSU issue? Iíve reached out to ArcadeWorks on Facebook but If thereís a better fix than sending it out im open to it

Yeah, maybe get a new PSU. If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage you're getting from that thing. It could always be any number of things on the board itself though (bad caps, etc) but the PSU is where I'd start.

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Yeah, maybe get a new PSU. If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage you're getting from that thing. It could always be any number of things on the board itself though (bad caps, etc) but the PSU is where I'd start.
    Figured it was that. Itís weird, it happens randomly. And USUALLY while left on a pause - but if I leave the Unibios screen up Iíve left it on for over an hour with no issue.

Itís so hard to replicate

Rugal's Thug
    I had the same issue on my Omega recently. Replaced the power supply with a new Meanwell PD-25A (https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/mean-well/pd-25a/). I was using a 161-in-1 before but stopped after replacing the PSU and I haven't had any issues. I really think the multicart is the problem here.

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by it290 View Post
    I had the same issue on my Omega recently. Replaced the power supply with a new Meanwell PD-25A (https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/mean-well/pd-25a/). I was using a 161-in-1 before but stopped after replacing the PSU and I haven't had any issues. I really think the multicart is the problem here.
    I think so too. I gave everything a solid cleaning, and Iíve been playing legit carts no problem today and yesterday ALL day (honestly like 12 hours each, I had the days off and was also just letting it sit idle on pause while I did stuff around the house. Just to see if itíll reset).

So far nothing so it seems to have fixed itself and is probably the multicart voltage fucking with it.

Time to pick up a NeoSD Pro MVS when it finally drops I guess...

Cham Cham's Banana

Have you tried the stability fix on your 161 cart? It's just a matter of bridging two pins and worth a shot if you have the equipment

Why So Many X's?

Omega MVS resetting

Quote Originally Posted by DasiyAge View Post
    Have you tried the stability fix on your 161 cart? It's just a matter of bridging two pins and worth a shot if you have the equipment
    I havenít. My 161 was working great and didnít even have the audio issues people report so I didnít bother

Edit: now itís doing it again
    Last edited by XxHennersXx; 08-20-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Thread Information