Cabinet Buying Advice

Yardley

n00b
Cabinet opinions: 4 Slot Big Red vs Regular 4 Slot vs 2 Slot vs 1 Slot? What should I be paying for these in good condition so that I don’t lose money if I need to resell? 🙏

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Cabinet opinions: 4 Slot Big Red vs Regular 4 Slot vs 2 Slot vs 1 Slot? What should I be paying for these in good condition so that I don’t lose money if I need to resell? ��

It all depends on condition. Is the monitor in good shape, size of the monitor. I wouldn't concern myself too much with the mobo since that could easily be changed. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one but I don't what a nice condition big red goes for.

Yardley

n00b
It all depends on condition. Is the monitor in good shape, size of the monitor. I wouldn't concern myself too much with the mobo since that could easily be changed. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one but I don't what a nice condition big red goes for.

The monitor is 35", seller says it's in good shape. You're the second person that mentioned paying $400 for one. Asking price is $600, not too far off. Problem is I'd need to have this shipped so it would come out closer to $1000. You don't know anyone in NJ selling a cabinet do you? haha

red.jpgred2.jpgred3.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The monitor is 35", seller says it's in good shape. You're the second person that mentioned paying $400 for one. Asking price is $600, not too far off. Problem is I'd need to have this shipped so it would come out closer to $1000. You don't know anyone in NJ selling a cabinet do you? haha

View attachment 54668View attachment 54669View attachment 54670

That's nice and looks to be in good cosmetic shape.

Did you ask him about the monitor?

It all depends on you and how bad you want it. I think 1k is way too much. I own a neo candy cab. Don't own a big red anymore and I'm not looking to sell mine.

Craigslist is your best bet but it seems like people want a bit too much for them. How far is the seller, can you take the drive?

Last edited:

Yardley

n00b
That's nice and looks to be in good cosmetic shape.

Did you ask him about the monitor?

It all depends on you and how bad you want it. I think 1k is way too much. I own a neo candy cab. Don't own a big red anymore and I'm not looking to sell mine.

Craigslist is your best bet but it seems like people want a bit too much for them. How far is the seller, can you take the drive?

No can do on picking it up. Yeah exactly, everything I've seen for sale asking price is at least $800. Neo Geo candy in NJ, that would be nice.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Unrelated but we’re those electrocoin cabinets ever released in the us or did we just get big reds? Some dude on here from the U.K. posted a really nice looking sport Centre one a few years ago, and if I ever get a cab I think I’d go for one of those.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No can do on picking it up. Yeah exactly, everything I've seen for sale asking price is at least $800. Neo Geo candy in NJ, that would be nice.

It seems like Cabinets on the east coast are harder to come buy. On the west coast much easier. Just keep searching. If you want one bad enough , eventually one will pop up.

It might not be in tip top shape but with a little TLC it could look nice again.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
there's no way that monitor is a 35 inch'er.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
These days, get which ever has the best looking/working monitor. The v3 4 slot. also has outward facing speakers instead of down under the marquee. The dedicated cabs outside the mini and Goldie all have a 25 wells Gardner as stock. The 2 slots and above will have the memory card/ head phone ports. I would say a 2 slot will be your best bet for reliability and is normally cheaper than the 4 slots.

Yardley

n00b
These days, get which ever has the best looking/working monitor. The v3 4 slot. also has outward facing speakers instead of down under the marquee. The dedicated cabs outside the mini and Goldie all have a 25 wells Gardner as stock. The 2 slots and above will have the memory card/ head phone ports. I would say a 2 slot will be your best bet for reliability and is normally cheaper than the 4 slots.

Are the outward speakers better or worse? Actually the 4 slot big red is the cheapest I have found at $600. I'm looking at two 2 slots and both are asking $1000. There's a 1 slot for $800.

Zoddhand

n00b
600 seems reasonable to me.
Driving isnt an option? you can rent a uhaul for pretty cheap and make a vacation out of it.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Reason I say for reliability is the 4 slots and 6 slot especially tend to have slot issues. the v3 4 slot and 6 slot are taller than the others. More of an issue with transporting though than using. The speakers is really an aesthetic. Though I’ve seen many of the v3 marquees warped or cracked more often than not and harder to find a replacement. Main reason I say cheaper is many sellers will equate more games = higher price. If you can get a 4 slot for cheaper, I would jump on it. I wouldn’t buy it before fully testing it though.

Are the outward speakers better or worse? Actually the 4 slot big red is the cheapest I have found at $600. I'm looking at two 2 slots and both are asking $1000. There's a 1 slot for $800.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
If you’re worried about ability to unload, I would invest in a super gun or consolized Mvs. Cheaper and easier to sell/ship than a cab.

Yardley

n00b
Reason I say for reliability is the 4 slots and 6 slot especially tend to have slot issues. the v3 4 slot and 6 slot are taller than the others. More of an issue with transporting though than using. The speakers is really an aesthetic. Though I’ve seen many of the v3 marquees warped or cracked more often than not and harder to find a replacement. Main reason I say cheaper is many sellers will equate more games = higher price. If you can get a 4 slot for cheaper, I would jump on it. I wouldn’t buy it before fully testing it though.

Yeah the height is a bit concerning, might not fit somewhere in the future because of those extra inches.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I’ve got a similar question and it’s probably not worth creating a new post. I’m currently looking at a 4-slot MVS cabinet for about $650 + $300 shipping. I live in Minnesota and haven’t seen a local one pop up for sale in over a year and a half so I’m beginning to think shipping is my only option. Is $950 an insane price to pay for this?

Comes with 5 games, but I do not know which yet. Monitor and cab both in pretty good cosmetic condition.

96A35376-1A6A-4AA7-8482-5E5FEA3B533E.jpeg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
do any arcade machines have 35" screens?
I thought they don't come any bigger than 29"?

There's been a few 33" cabs from both sides of the Pacific. The MVS-U4 came in a 33" version.