Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Cabinet Buying Advice

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13

    Cabinet Buying Advice

    Cabinet opinions: 4 Slot Big Red vs Regular 4 Slot vs 2 Slot vs 1 Slot? What should I be paying for these in good condition so that I donít lose money if I need to resell? 🙏

  2. #2
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardley View Post
    Cabinet opinions: 4 Slot Big Red vs Regular 4 Slot vs 2 Slot vs 1 Slot? What should I be paying for these in good condition so that I don’t lose money if I need to resell? ��
    It all depends on condition. Is the monitor in good shape, size of the monitor. I wouldn't concern myself too much with the mobo since that could easily be changed. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one but I don't what a nice condition big red goes for.

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It all depends on condition. Is the monitor in good shape, size of the monitor. I wouldn't concern myself too much with the mobo since that could easily be changed. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one but I don't what a nice condition big red goes for.
    The monitor is 35", seller says it's in good shape. You're the second person that mentioned paying $400 for one. Asking price is $600, not too far off. Problem is I'd need to have this shipped so it would come out closer to $1000. You don't know anyone in NJ selling a cabinet do you? haha

    red.jpgred2.jpgred3.jpg

  4. #4
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardley View Post
    The monitor is 35", seller says it's in good shape. You're the second person that mentioned paying $400 for one. Asking price is $600, not too far off. Problem is I'd need to have this shipped so it would come out closer to $1000. You don't know anyone in NJ selling a cabinet do you? haha

    red.jpgred2.jpgred3.jpg
    That's nice and looks to be in good cosmetic shape.

    Did you ask him about the monitor?

    It all depends on you and how bad you want it. I think 1k is way too much. I own a neo candy cab. Don't own a big red anymore and I'm not looking to sell mine.

    Craigslist is your best bet but it seems like people want a bit too much for them. How far is the seller, can you take the drive?
    Last edited by RAZO; 08-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.

  5. #5
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    That's nice and looks to be in good cosmetic shape.

    Did you ask him about the monitor?

    It all depends on you and how bad you want it. I think 1k is way too much. I own a neo candy cab. Don't own a big red anymore and I'm not looking to sell mine.

    Craigslist is your best bet but it seems like people want a bit too much for them. How far is the seller, can you take the drive?
    No can do on picking it up. Yeah exactly, everything I've seen for sale asking price is at least $800. Neo Geo candy in NJ, that would be nice.

  6. #6
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    435
    Unrelated but we’re those electrocoin cabinets ever released in the us or did we just get big reds? Some dude on here from the U.K. posted a really nice looking sport Centre one a few years ago, and if I ever get a cab I think I’d go for one of those.

  7. #7
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardley View Post
    No can do on picking it up. Yeah exactly, everything I've seen for sale asking price is at least $800. Neo Geo candy in NJ, that would be nice.
    It seems like Cabinets on the east coast are harder to come buy. On the west coast much easier. Just keep searching. If you want one bad enough , eventually one will pop up.

    It might not be in tip top shape but with a little TLC it could look nice again.
    Last edited by RAZO; 08-16-2019 at 03:20 PM.

  8. #8
    Who?
    Atro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Game Room.

    Posts
    8,414
    there's no way that monitor is a 35 inch'er.

  9. #9
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    there's no way that monitor is a 35 inch'er.
    Yea, it looks like a 25.

  10. #10
    Morden's Lackey
    Cousin_Itt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth

    Posts
    351
    These days, get which ever has the best looking/working monitor. The v3 4 slot. also has outward facing speakers instead of down under the marquee. The dedicated cabs outside the mini and Goldie all have a 25 wells Gardner as stock. The 2 slots and above will have the memory card/ head phone ports. I would say a 2 slot will be your best bet for reliability and is normally cheaper than the 4 slots.

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    there's no way that monitor is a 35 inch'er.
    Sorry that was a typo, it is a 25.

  12. #12
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin_Itt View Post
    These days, get which ever has the best looking/working monitor. The v3 4 slot. also has outward facing speakers instead of down under the marquee. The dedicated cabs outside the mini and Goldie all have a 25 wells Gardner as stock. The 2 slots and above will have the memory card/ head phone ports. I would say a 2 slot will be your best bet for reliability and is normally cheaper than the 4 slots.
    Are the outward speakers better or worse? Actually the 4 slot big red is the cheapest I have found at $600. I'm looking at two 2 slots and both are asking $1000. There's a 1 slot for $800.

  13. #13
    . Zoddhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    20
    600 seems reasonable to me.
    Driving isnt an option? you can rent a uhaul for pretty cheap and make a vacation out of it.

  14. #14
    Morden's Lackey
    Cousin_Itt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth

    Posts
    351
    Reason I say for reliability is the 4 slots and 6 slot especially tend to have slot issues. the v3 4 slot and 6 slot are taller than the others. More of an issue with transporting though than using. The speakers is really an aesthetic. Though I’ve seen many of the v3 marquees warped or cracked more often than not and harder to find a replacement. Main reason I say cheaper is many sellers will equate more games = higher price. If you can get a 4 slot for cheaper, I would jump on it. I wouldn’t buy it before fully testing it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardley View Post
    Are the outward speakers better or worse? Actually the 4 slot big red is the cheapest I have found at $600. I'm looking at two 2 slots and both are asking $1000. There's a 1 slot for $800.

  15. #15
    Morden's Lackey
    Cousin_Itt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth

    Posts
    351
    If you’re worried about ability to unload, I would invest in a super gun or consolized Mvs. Cheaper and easier to sell/ship than a cab.

  16. #16
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin_Itt View Post
    Reason I say for reliability is the 4 slots and 6 slot especially tend to have slot issues. the v3 4 slot and 6 slot are taller than the others. More of an issue with transporting though than using. The speakers is really an aesthetic. Though I’ve seen many of the v3 marquees warped or cracked more often than not and harder to find a replacement. Main reason I say cheaper is many sellers will equate more games = higher price. If you can get a 4 slot for cheaper, I would jump on it. I wouldn’t buy it before fully testing it though.
    Yeah the height is a bit concerning, might not fit somewhere in the future because of those extra inches.

  17. #17
    .
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NJ

    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoddhand View Post
    600 seems reasonable to me.
    Driving isnt an option? you can rent a uhaul for pretty cheap and make a vacation out of it.

    I’ve done this before but this is much too far.

  18. #18
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    kidchameleon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Posts
    126
    Id pay 600 for that in a heartbeat, that is a gorgeous cab

  19. #19
    .
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

    Posts
    1
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but Iíve got a similar question and itís probably not worth creating a new post. Iím currently looking at a 4-slot MVS cabinet for about $650 + $300 shipping. I live in Minnesota and havenít seen a local one pop up for sale in over a year and a half so Iím beginning to think shipping is my only option. Is $950 an insane price to pay for this?

    Comes with 5 games, but I do not know which yet. Monitor and cab both in pretty good cosmetic condition.

    96A35376-1A6A-4AA7-8482-5E5FEA3B533E.jpeg

  20. #20
    Galford's Poppy Trainer
    joe8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia

    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    there's no way that monitor is a 35 inch'er.
    do any arcade machines have 35" screens?
    I thought they don't come any bigger than 29"?
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

  21. #21
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    do any arcade machines have 35" screens?
    I thought they don't come any bigger than 29"?
    There's been a few 33" cabs from both sides of the Pacific. The MVS-U4 came in a 33" version.


    !!

  22. #22
    N00b of Syougi Capitalistix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Florida

    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    There's been a few 33" cabs from both sides of the Pacific. The MVS-U4 came in a 33" version.
    In an American big red? Or was this a special kind of candy?
    Cool ass/helpful dudes: bartre, BlackaneseNiNjA,

  23. #23
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalistix View Post
    In an American big red? Or was this a special kind of candy?
    A candy yes, I wasn't speaking about big reds specifically.

    https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/SNK_MVS-U4/33
    Last edited by lachlan; 09-16-2019 at 04:48 PM.


    !!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •