Breakers Collection Announced

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This is why you are neo-geo.com's noob of the year 2016, this right here. Three years later and you're still so positive and cheerful, even over something like this lame collection you shine through. The world needs more people like you.

Thanks LS! Wouldn’t be anywhere else man :buttrock:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
+1000. The artworks are terrible, specially the ladies. Quite an american style instead of the old "manga" one

More of a "my nephew can do this for free" style, IMO.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I love Breaker's Revenge but never play Breakers anymore. Will they have online play?
I think that would be the most important reason to re-release old Neo Geo games- adding online play, so you can play against other people. But apart from that, the games should be accurate ports of the originals.

Last edited:

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
More of a "my nephew can do this for free" style, IMO.

This is probably the case. Some random employees child probably. The art doesn't resemble the source material and it's totally gross. Also, they should have called it Breakers Double Pack instead of Collection since it's not much of a collection at all. Oh well, I'll prolly still get 🤣

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Just grabbed me an MVS Cart of Revenge!!!!
Still may get this collection :)

The price difference between the original the revenge is crazy. I can only imagine they didnt make many copies of revenge. Perhaps the fact revenge is not an AES game also bumps up the price aswell. Ill settle for my cart of the original for now. Love it!

Missile

Another Striker
I think that would be the most important reason to re-release old Neo Geo games- adding online play, so you can play against other people. But apart from that, the games should be accurate ports of the originals.

I will definitely buy if they do have online play. Someone needs to make a device you can plug into the 2nd controller port on Neo Geo so you can connect online and play online on the original system. Saves me buying all these re-releases and playing on PC seems like too much effort.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Looked like they had also confirmed online multiplayer as well

Yea, that's true, only confirmed since they didn't go into details at all, nor did they show it. We can only hope it will feature rollback, otherwise it will be dead on arrival, since everyone is still gonna be playing on Fightcade.

Edit: New video link to the stream (since the old one doesn't work anymore) with time stamp for when they talk about Breakers.

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
2 games in a row and no clues releasing the Crystal Legacy & Tenrin No Syo Chicago. Meh... The Goat is running in the streets searching in japan.

Last edited:

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
The Breakers series is definitely one of the most underrated Neo Geo games. It just doesn't get as much love as KOF, FF, SS etc. I like Breakers and Breakers Revenge. Good solid gameplay.

Missile

Another Striker
The Breakers series is definitely one of the most underrated Neo Geo games. It just doesn't get as much love as KOF, FF, SS etc. I like Breakers and Breakers Revenge. Good solid gameplay.

Yes! I love Breakers Revenge. Such a good game.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Available for preorder on May 22nd for those interested.

4E586F91-203D-4D36-837E-6B64CA5DBFEF.jpeg

Priced at 59.99€ (65.99$), the ultimate fan package that is the BREAKERS COLLECTION Collector's Edition will be set at 3,000 Switch copies, while the PS4 and PS5 editions will be set at 1,000 copies each.

This edition will contain the following additional items:
  • CE Box w/ Magnetic Latch
  • Game Card/Disc (NSW/PS4/PS5)
  • Epic Reversible Poster
  • Crystal Legacy Flyer
  • Colorful Game Manual
  • Ten Character Cards
  • Official CD Soundtrack
  • 90's Karate Headband
  • Two Sweat Wristbands
  • Lenticular K.O. Card
  • Acrylic Diorama
  • Breakers Logo Sticker

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Prepare for one year waiting time though. Striclty Limited is horrible in that regard...

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
What's the point of making a separate SKU for PS4 and PS5? All PS4 games work on PS5. I mean, did they put the Ray Tracing in the PS5 version? lol I'm thoroughly confused.

I have a hard time getting behind these limited release games anyway. 🤷‍♂️