ACA NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters Updated Game

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I was recently playing the ACA version of NTM my Xbox One and realized that they updated the game

It now defaults to the Jap region name of Big Tournament Golf. What is even weirder is that even "The Original English Version" now uses the BTG title screen. The name Neo Turf Masters is nowhere to be seen on any language setting. One difference is that the BTG logo is on the English version but no title audio is used. The Jap version still uses the audio clip though.

Why the change? I haven't booted up my PS4 yet to see if that is effected yet. Any ideas to the change?

Maybe a dedicated Port is incoming and they wanted to free up the catalogue name? Seems like a pointless change to me. Why make the effort.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can shove that localised title screen up your stupid foreigner ass! I imagine the Japanese staff said at their update meeting.

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Does it show up as BTG in the store? Maybe a move to grab people who are searching for "golf"?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Does it show up as BTG in the store? Maybe a move to grab people who are searching for "golf"?

Yup. Now it is under the catalog name of ACA Neogeo BTG as well. Game art panel is also BTG.

shelcoof

New Challenger
Good to know
I've been wanting to pick up a whole bunch of these ACA releases on PSN nut weren't sure how good the ports were