Thread: 2.1mm Barrels versus 2.5mm:

Kuroko's Training Dummy

2.1mm Barrels versus 2.5mm:

I've been attempting to write the most concise guide I can for AES power supplies, but I noticed mentions that NEO-POW3 uses a 2.5mm center diameter, meanwhile the older PRO-POW uses 2.1mm. Here's my guide thus far:

http://www.firebrandx.com/aespsuguide.html

Can anyone that has both adapters take a photo of both barrels next to each other, looking straight down the top of them? I need to get this last nebulous part sussed out. I've had people tell me the 2.1mm Triad PSU I suggest works fine on their 9V machines.

Cheers and thanks!

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Had someone confirm 2.1mm works perfectly fine for NEO-POW3 consoles, so I've updated my guide to exclusively use 2.1mm center pin diameter. Better to have a snug fit than a loose one.

Edit: Also had someone confirm the NEO-POW3 itself is in fact a 2.1mm center diameter barrel. So that's another myth we can dispel here, unless by chance the 'other version' is 2.5mm, but I seriously doubt that's the case.

Last edited by FBX; 08-08-2019 at 07:22 AM.

JammaNationX

Consoles are 2.1mm, most newer power supplies will have this thing in the top to accommodate both 2.1 and 2.5mm sockets. I used to sell polarity changers which were 2.5mm females to 2.1mm males

Thread Information