The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The internet. So is this one. it's said it was taken from a meeting between SNK and ASW staff. Can't verify if that's true:

IMG-20190805-WA0017.jpg

PS: that FF prequel artwork was posted and discussed here before. It was originally made during the OG SNK days.

Shanadria

New Challenger
A Fatal Fury game made with the anime style of Arc System would be pretty amazing.

I´m saying Fatal fury because a) I miss the franchise and b) not many characters so release date would be sooner

saner

Krauser's Henchman
KOFXV roster and teams should surpass KOFXIV. of course they are gonna cut and rearrange charactrs, bue KOFXV should not have less playable characters than KOFXIV.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
KOFXV roster and teams should surpass KOFXIV. of course they are gonna cut and rearrange charactrs, bue KOFXV should not have less playable characters than KOFXIV.
Shidiot haiku.

Axl

n00b
I'd love to see an option to choose between 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4.

And if you choose the 4 vs 4, then you have the options to go all over KOF2001 again with the striker fest.

The only period I really don't miss is their ''marvel vs capcom'' phase of 2003/05.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The internet. So is this one. it's said it was taken from a meeting between SNK and ASW staff. Can't verify if that's true:

View attachment 54574

PS: that FF prequel artwork was posted and discussed here before. It was originally made during the OG SNK days.

There's no way this is an in-game sprite, by the way. It must be concept art, promo art, or a video asset.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
doesn't look too different from the closeups in guilty gear Xrd.

I'd take vectors over 3D any day - there's no way they'd go back to sprites. But I'd be surprised if they tossed out all the money and work they put into XIV.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
its a shame fighters/teams might be cut/replaced, though think a World Heroes team is long overdue. as well as Aggressors or Dark Kombat team starring Kisarah Westfield (though is ADK developer separate from SNK?)

What would be a better idea is a new game in the series. My idea is a concept very much instep with where SNK has been heading (to answer your question, ADK was a separate company however SNK has owned the rights to their intellectual properties. You should know this).

So, Dr. Brown, has developed a NEW time machine. It allows you to go all over the world where the gorgeous people are.

Girl Heroes!!!

Hanza
Fuumi
Julia Carn
Rasputina
Janne (of course)
Dragonia
Curve Power
Brocky
Ryoko (duh)
Captain Girl
Erika
Mudwoman
Shuri
Jenny Maximum
Nia Dia

And most exciting of all, brand new female combatants!

I would really like to you what you think about this :)

Send me a message if you'd like to hear even more detail :drool:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
What would be a better idea is a new game in the series. My idea is a concept very much instep with where SNK has been heading (to answer your question, ADK was a separate company however SNK has owned the rights to their intellectual properties. You should know this).

So, Dr. Brown, has developed a NEW time machine. It allows you to go all over the world where the gorgeous people are.

Girl Heroes!!!

Hanza
Fuumi
Julia Carn
Rasputina
Janne (of course)
Dragonia
Curve Power
Brocky
Ryoko (duh)
Captain Girl
Erika
Mudwoman
Shuri
Jenny Maximum
Nia Dia

**RASPUTINA**, I'm sold.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
the announcement was received well at EVO 2019. Hopefully we see some stuff at TGS this year. Would be amazing to get a similar visual style to KOFXIII but i doubt it. But if it was similar to the new Samsho that would suffice.

Shanadria

New Challenger

Girl Heroes!!!

Hanza
Fuumi
Julia Carn
Rasputina
Janne (of course)
Dragonia
Curve Power
Brocky
Ryoko (duh)
Captain Girl
Erika
Mudwoman
Shuri
Jenny Maximum
Nia Dia

SNk Heroines 2. I´m in

saner

Krauser's Henchman

Girl Heroes!!!

Hanza
Fuumi
Julia Carn
Rasputina
Janne (of course)
Dragonia
Curve Power
Brocky
Ryoko (duh)
Captain Girl
Erika
Mudwoman
Shuri
Jenny Maximum
Nia Dia

well they could develop it if SNK feels like it.

Kisarah Westfield really should be added to new SNK game rosters, including KOFXV, she could lead her own team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3LZ7zAGRkU

even though Gangan is ADK, doesnt mean SNK cant collaborate with them and license characters to have a team in KOFXV.
plus ADK fighting games are practically cousins to SNK fighting games. NeoGeo is home to ADK games.

Twinkle Star Sprites should get a team in KOFXV too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnZDa5xN-U

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
I wish they'd go back to the pixel art graphics of 12 and 13.
I don't mind what they did with Sam Sho, but going from KOF 13 to the 3D models of 14 was heart breaking.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
OMG, saner. I know you didn't just invoke the pure hardcore "raw" that is GanGan!

Shanadria

New Challenger
I don't mind what they did with Sam Sho, but going from KOF 13 to the 3D models of 14 was heart breaking.

I remember reading something about how painful and how much cost was to create a single fighter in the new 2D style. I suppose it was not profitable to create more fighters and they just decided to start from the beginning aka 3D models. Maybe working with Dimps or Arc can make KOF looks better.

Also, its just a rumour but people is saying that the new Smash Bros character DLC will be from SNK...Nakoruru because Samurai Shodown will be on Switch? Athena or Kyo to promote KOF XV?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Sprites are not feasible any more for modern systems it takes time and money to produce it.SNK did lose allot of money on KO13 that's why they went 3D for KO14.Still i think,arc system works shows how it can be right done right when it comes 2.5D in fighters with cell shading.For that matter there all ready working on the next guilty gear.Still,we will have to wait and see what snk does with KOFXV i wouldn't be surprise if they used the engine from samurai shodown to make it.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Still,we will have to wait and see what snk does with KOFXV i wouldn't be surprise if they used the engine from samurai shodown to make it.

I would be ok with Samurai's graphics, but if they manage to replicate 2D graphics well like Guilty Gear did, I hope they aim for a style that is closer to SF3 / MotW instead of the anime look.