The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Well damn. Not even a single photo of the game! Still glad it's in development.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Well damn. Not even a single photo of the game! Still glad it's in development.

well remember the previous time, there was tons of viral ridicule over KOFXIV's graphics (even comparing it to Tekken 2), and its graphics didnt get improved until post launch months later with a patch (though the portraits stays the same).

think they wanna polish it right before presenting its new graphics look.

glad they are going with a dark theme instead of bright white logo background.

the roster has to be as larger as XIV or larger. its a shame fighters/teams might be cut/replaced, though think a World Heroes team is long overdue. as well as Aggressors or Dark Kombat team starring Kisarah Westfield (though is ADK developer separate from SNK?)

they have to raise the bar with this sequel. and should have more badass bosses.

Yuri's hair should be longer, and sports team should return. keep Mai Shiranui's traditional costume faithful, ensure her moveset is high tier, and they should really make sure KOFXV graphics are an attention grabber. ink gimmicks wont cut it. Samurai Shodown can slide with that, but KOFXV gotta go next level with its graphics.

with their experience and UE4, they have R&D to have come up with a better graphics engine, better faces, better textures, better character designs, etc. their mobile games shouldnt have better looking characters than their fighting games. overall, KOFXIV is solid in a lot of areas, but graphics make or break a fighting game's reception and hype, of course gameplay, roster, etc. matters too, but impressive graphics helps too. and the more appealing the graphics, the more marketable the game becomes.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Wish they announced a new Fatal Fury instead with a kof sized roster.

But I’m always happy there is more KoF on the horizon

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Awesome, I really enjoy XIV so I’m looking forward to what they have in store for this one

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
XIV was a good time. Looking forward to this.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
they should replace Chin with Momoko again.

Launch title for the Neo Geo 2?

I dunno, neo geo 2 sounds risky. remember the Neo Geo Pocket Color? that sold so bad they had the close their USA headquarters.

https://www.dualshockers.com/neogeo-console-confirmed-snk/

the majority of their neogeo games are already on PS4/etc. I say they would profit more being 3rd party instead of competing with a new console.
plus with tariffs going on, less people would be inclined to invest in a new platform that isnt Sony/Nintendo or even Xbox for that matter.

I think a Neo Geo 2 only makes sense if they are going all in with it, meaning they would port and localize Samurai Shodown RPG, and really make consistently new and higher quality games that makes their platform a system seller with some really mind blowing must have games.

they have yet to produce any system seller games these days. their IPs are no longer exclusive like they were in the 16 bit days. things like KOF were so exclusive and rare to have at home, that it elevated NeoGeo's value and presence back then. but now, SNK classics are on generally all current platforms
millions stick to PS4/Switch. now owning a 2nd or 3rd platform with the expensive costs of consoles and games, is just tough. four competing consoles is tough.

and it would be insane keeping KOF XV exclusive to NeoGeo2.
it sounds like a careless investment on a new neogeo platform in today's market.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Lmfao. Yeah, they better port their killer app the one and only Sam sho rpg, we all know that game just prints money. Hell, don't even give the neo geo 2 a cart or CD slot. Just install English Sam sho rpg on it and watch them move 300 million in the first year!!!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Looking forward to seeing the aesthetic style. I'm not confident that it will be to my personal liking taking into account SNK output of recent years. But I'm pretty sure it will be less conservative and somewhat mor audacious than current kof

Shanadria

New Challenger
Creating a New Geo 2 is a suicide right now: sony, microsoft, stadia, nintendo...too many people. And fighting games are not "super seller" like they used to be.

But KOF XV ...is hot! I only hope that the graphic style will be more Samurai Shodown than previous KOF

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Saner, I can't help but read some of your posts in Chris Chan's voice. Your irrational obsession with Sam Sho RPG is just so freaking spergy.

Anyways, safe bet they're not going to show anything until they have something that's going to really wow people, and show what the game will look like graphically in its final state.

Personally I hope they stick with stylized realty and don't go the cel shaded route. Save that shit for a new Fatal Fury if it ever sees the light of day.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I love KoF XIV.Playing it often on my arcade cab.Looking forward for the next KoF!:):buttrock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Saner, I can't help but read some of your posts in Chris Chan's voice.
That's interesting. I've always read saner's posts in Buffalo Bill's voice. Telling Rimururu to put the lotion on the skin.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
they should replace Chin with Momoko again.

I dunno, neo geo 2 sounds risky. remember the Neo Geo Pocket Color? that sold so bad they had the close their USA headquarters.

https://www.dualshockers.com/neogeo-console-confirmed-snk/

the majority of their neogeo games are already on PS4/etc. I say they would profit more being 3rd party instead of competing with a new console.
plus with tariffs going on, less people would be inclined to invest in a new platform that isnt Sony/Nintendo or even Xbox for that matter.

I think a Neo Geo 2 only makes sense if they are going all in with it, meaning they would port and localize Samurai Shodown RPG, and really make consistently new and higher quality games that makes their platform a system seller with some really mind blowing must have games.

they have yet to produce any system seller games these days. their IPs are no longer exclusive like they were in the 16 bit days. things like KOF were so exclusive and rare to have at home, that it elevated NeoGeo's value and presence back then. but now, SNK classics are on generally all current platforms
millions stick to PS4/Switch. now owning a 2nd or 3rd platform with the expensive costs of consoles and games, is just tough. four competing consoles is tough.

and it would be insane keeping KOF XV exclusive to NeoGeo2.
it sounds like a careless investment on a new neogeo platform in today's market.

My half Japanese uncle works at SNK and he said that Neo-Geo 2 is definitely happening. They're working on it right now. It's going to be really very good!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rick S. inclusion and/or Rumble Fish style gfx are the only things that would make this day one for me.

Samsho 2019 really surprised me (in a good way).

Perhaps, XV will also.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wish they announced a new Fatal Fury instead with a kof sized roster.

But I’m always happy there is more KoF on the horizon

Garou : Seeds of Sorrow

Jeff Bogard
Thin Cheng Sinzan
Younger Tung Fu Rue
Richard Meyer
Hwa Jai
Very young Geese

More ideas from me coming soon..