The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
"Shatter all expectations " was really the wrong slogan to go with.

Disappointment is now imminent

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Animations are clunky and feels dated just like kof 14. I would say that 2008 SF4 still animates better than this game, and that's me being generous. I don't think they can change that much if the game is coming out this year, so what you see is pretty much how the game will look aesthetically.

it's ok stuart

A sleeping chick huh well atleast its original? Trying not to get my hooes up. Hopes.

already was in the last game and it's not a chick.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Starting with all Team China character announcements to appeal to the Chinese overlords that own SNK.

Yup yup yup. Sleeping is an actual hobby here in China by the way, funny to see it be represented by this guy.

PSA: KOF is dead, and it's not guilty to think how faggy this new shit game is. We all liked the first five KOF games, but that was over 20 years ago, I don't feel guilty for not supporting this bullshit.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
And already, we have the first person to fall into the new trap. Doesn't this bring back memories?

It is very nostalgic, almost gives me hope for the game. Could this be the next KOF ‘97 !?!

Just kidding, this is naff garbage just like the last one. It’s a good thing too because anything made with MBS money isn’t being purchased by me. I’d rather play Ragnagard on a Neo Geo X Gold.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yup yup yup. Sleeping is an actual hobby here in China by the way, funny to see it be represented by this guy.

PSA: KOF is dead, and it's not guilty to think how faggy this new shit game is. We all liked the first five KOF games, but that was over 20 years ago, I don't feel guilty for not supporting this bullshit.

Agreed. I like every Neo KOF, even 2003. That’s ten games! Do I need more than ten KOFs? No, I don’t know if anyone does.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Why does the music for XV suck just as bad as the last game? SNK likes the same type of music emo teens in the US liked in 2005.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Well, it is still 2005 in Japan, to be fair...assuming this stuff is even made in Japan anymore...

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Looks like shit just like every 3d kof they've made. However 14 did play excellent and was a really fun game so maybe I'll have that to look forward to.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
"Shatter all expectations " was really the wrong slogan to go with.

Disappointment is now imminent

This is the same company that continued to use "The Future Is Now" while releasing software on the same hardware platform for 14 years.

Anyways, I think the slogan is geared a bit more towards expectations of what we're used to seeing in KOF (notably the team rosters), not necessarily that it's going to be a super next-gen, ground breaking title.

So far, they've lived up to that. I don't think anyone expected Beni to team up with Try-Hard McHeadphones and Pillow Lvl 3 Extreme SDM Nap Boi.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Looks partly based off of his KOF 2000 striker attire. Cool!

The game is looking better and better. I'm really glad, because I thought KOF XIV played well but it wasn't much to look at. The OST so far sounds really good too, so this is shaping up to be a return to form even if it's not a return to sprites.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Is it just me or are all these reveal video cuts really bad. They don't let the moves breath, it's just poorly spliced together and choppy editing.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Not to fuel the meme but I didnt expect Joe to be next. Does this mean Joe and Iori are teaming up? I like the theme in this one too. Damn good to see him

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Shatter all expectations my ass.

I like them using the FF2/FFS Joe music, obviously. But I think they're sacrificing animation at the altar of trying to keep the same timing/combos, etc. of previous KOFs. I don't need them to try to simulate the 2D KOF engine any more than I needed them to keep the FF3 engine in RB2. It's okay to rework it if they can improve things. And the character models aren't great. Samurai Shodown benefits from the sumi-e style superimposed over everything. But without that here, the models look simplistic and generations outdated.

I mean, if they're only competing with Street Fighter 5, I guess it looks somewhat comparable. But SF5 doesn't look great, either (not to mention about 5 years old already), and isn't the only fighting game out there anyway. Compared to Mortal Kombat 11 (or even X), this KOF looks like a joke.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Really, the Guilty Gear guys are just making the rest of these people look like circus clowns. Their fighting games look SO much better than everyone else's.

SNK blatantly ripping off Capcom's horrible art style is deeply wrong on so many levels. It's junk.