New SNK Hardware Twitter Post

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
This idea could have worked, but the fact that the controller input ports are for Neo Geo mini pads and not at least 1 USB input hurts this design. If player one is using the stick itself, then 2P should be able to plug their USB stick into the Neo controller so that they aren't at a disadvantage. Without that feature, the only thing this controller is good for is killing time in the hotel room when traveling with the Neo stick but no console.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Did anyone anticipate anything else than a copy of this hideous Capcom Arcade stick thing?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Another issue is that to use the preloaded games, one needs to be bound by the length of the HDMI cable. How long are HDMI cables??? The bloody thing will be popping out non stop!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't get how SNK is so disconnected from their fanbase. This looks like cheap shitty Chinese shit you buy on eBay.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Wtf is this monstrosity. So let's get this straight. If you want to play the included games on tv in vs mode, you HAVE TO CONNECT THE MINI NG PADS. O but that's not all. That third infographic is confusing. Am I supposed to jack the stick into the mini so I can use it on the mini (what about tv output) and why does it randomly state 'PC' at the corner of that third infographic.
Sweet Jesus, it is admirable how they botched this up. The mini I could understand but this....?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Wtf is this monstrosity. So let's get this straight. If you want to play the included games on tv in vs mode, you HAVE TO CONNECT THE MINI NG PADS. O but that's not all. That third infographic is confusing. Am I supposed to jack the stick into the mini so I can use it on the mini (what about tv output) and why does it randomly state 'PC' at the corner of that third infographic.
Sweet Jesus, it is admirable how they botched this up. The mini I could understand but this....?

You can connect two of these sticks together in vs mode. Or you can use two mini pads. Or this stick and a mini pad. Any combination.

You can plug it into the mini so you have a proper joystick to play the mini games on, using the mini screen or HDMI out from the mini to the TV.

Hope that breaks it down for you better than their graphic

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I like what I see, but would prefer:

-Improved HDMI video out to match Nintendo Classic offerings.
-This arcade stick in colors more like those from the Neo-Geo AES Gold System.
-More than 20 games with the whole cannon of Neo-Geo KOF, Fatal Fury, and World Heroes titles.
-To finish and add a few unreleased prototypes as exclusives to this system; Mystic Wand, Fun Fun Bros., Sunshine, etc.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
They at least could have made it look like a neo cab or an AES stick.

But what the fuck is this? It doesn’t even look like the kidney bean stick.

I hope the company goes bankrupt and all employees are ostracized by their loved ones for bringing shame onto their respective families!!!

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
They at least could have made it look like a neo cab or an AES stick.

But what the fuck is this? It doesn’t even look like the kidney bean stick.

I hope the company goes bankrupt and all employees are ostracized by their loved ones for bringing shame onto their respective families!!!

It’s based off the Neo CD pad - even the indicator lights are shaped like the start and select.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeahh... I don't like your chances on that.

I hear ya. Most likely not happening. However, Star Fox 2 did end up on the SNES Classic, and M2 is porting a fan-made Darius to the Genesis classic. Unreleased, but finished prototype games exclusively on this system would be a selling point.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
...a few unreleased prototypes as exclusives to this system; Mystic Wand, Fun Fun Bros., Sunshine, etc.

I like the way you think; if we’re gonna dream let’s dream big. Fingers crossed for Garou 2 :vik:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There are tons of people on FB who love the Mini and think we're being elitists who are hoarding our precious carts when we bash the Mini.

The feeling is definitely there. It's a new morning in America...fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.

They gobble up every special edition of the Mini and they'll gobble up this too.

You can have a little taste of that good life too. Now, I know you want it. Hell, everybody does.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Yeah I really dont know how the fuck SNK is so autistic as a company. What in the holy fuck even is this? When I first saw remders I was like "okay, yeah weird colors, but maybe its something super new? Im gonna hope for the best!" But ffs its going to be a shittier version of the Mini?? Half the games of something they released years prior?? Even if it is supposed to do just that, why not make it like an AES stick? Or a Bean stick? Or have a CPO like I dunno, any of the fucking cabs?! It doesnt even have any colors reminiscent of any single SNK thing.Jesus Christ. At least Capcom made it their fucking logo with their correct colors, didnt have JUST RELEASED a mini Capcom Impress that had double the fucking the fucking games and doesnt put a second player at a severe/pointless disadvantage?

Holy FUCK. This stupidity got me triggered.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I get what the company is doing with the joystick. Their penetration rate in the US isn't doing the best in promoting their lineup for the past 20 years. First came the Neo Geo X (we all know how that went). Then came the Mini, which I think the SNK heads didn't think that it would sell well here in the US. Now we have this stick, an SNK character promoted in the new Smash Bros., and a new generation of players being introduced to what we've grown up with.

This stick isn't going to be a big deal for the most of us, but I like that SNK is still burning that torch.

I can say this: When my kids saw the Terry reveal trailer, they automatically recognized the Neo Geo jingle. That right there made me happy.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I like the way you think; if we’re gonna dream let’s dream big. Fingers crossed for Garou 2 :vik:

Definitely:) I don't want to accept that the data for prototype games is lost forever. I hold on to the hope a game build is on a hard drive somewhere that can be recovered.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah I really dont know how the fuck SNK is so autistic as a company...

SNK has always kinda been this way; genius on one level, and fucking Simple Jack in a lot of other ways (single speed NGCD without enough RAM, I'm looking at you). Maybe you touched on a cool idea for a proper Capcom mini console, how about a Mini CPS Changer? SNK you muh muh make me have joy feeling.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
The feeling is definitely there. It's a new morning in America...fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.

You can have a little taste of that good life too. Now, I know you want it. Hell, everybody does.

Ha Best movie ever.