Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New SNK Hardware Twitter Post

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    I dunno, the more I look at it, the more I think it could just be an arcade stick, which I'd be perfectly fine with. When you think about it, no matter how shitty it looks, its better than the Mini controllers, it probably has proper clicky parts. SNK's IP's are all over the other platforms (new Samurai Shodown for example) it probably makes sense to have all the extra buttons and try and sell a stick for those platforms. They did announce Neo Geo 3 at the same time as this, perhaps there is another hardware announcement to come and this really is just a joystick. The only thing I don't get is the two USB ports on the bottom.
    My issue with this thing is how they have the buttons layed out without any thought as to how the original arcade layout was designed. On the original layout, you can comfortably rest your hands across A, B, C, & D without any real problems. For fighting games it was perfect. The layout with how it looks now is them trying to copy the NeoCD pad when there is no reason to. It's supposed to be an arcade stick and should be treated as such.

If you're playing fighting games or any games where reaction time is a thing, forcing your fingers to bend down to hit two other buttons instead of just having them laid across your four main fingers is fucking retarded for an arcade stick. Even with the extra buttons the fact they have this shit all colored up like this is just terrible.

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    If you're playing fighting games or any games where reaction time is a thing, forcing your fingers to bend down to hit two other buttons
    Playing Street Fighter must be excruciating for you. Having to force your fingers to bend down to hit the three kick buttons. No wonder Capcom fighters never took off. Hurry up, fingers -- bennnnnnnnnndddd!

Having that many buttons means you can map them and play with your fingers straight across, you drama queen.

The only thing I don't get is the two USB ports on the bottom.
    I'm also curious about the four buttons on the side of the base.
    Last edited by SouthtownKid; 09-06-2019 at 10:03 AM.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

That stick looks like a worthy upgrade for my HRAP3 from a decade ago.

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    Playing Street Fighter must be excruciating for you. Having to force your fingers to bend down to hit the three kick buttons. No wonder Capcom fighters never took off. Hurry up, fingers -- bennnnnnnnnndddd!
    No that is fine since it was easy to work with but why should I have to remap the damn buttons in the first place?

Don't get me wrong the stick looks nice overall but I just feel they could have done a better job designing it. Calling it an arcade stick is one thing but they should have stuck to a more traditional design. The old school Neo sticks layout is A B C D not
    A C
    B D.

Neo games were designed around that 4 button layout originally so why not stick to tradition and leave the other buttons on the bottom as extras instead of making it look like a NeoCD pad?

Edit: While I've never really worried about it too much I usually preferred the "Drumstick" controllers over the ball tops.
    Last edited by Viewpoint; 09-06-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Having that many buttons means you can map them and play with your fingers straight across, you drama queen.
    Well that depends on what exactly this stick is going to be used for, they haven't stated. If it's a Neo Geo mini stick, or some stupid system on a stick think like that Capcom abomination, then there probably will be no button remapping. If it's a Switch/modern system stick it won't matter for most things, but some of the indie games you'd like to use a stick for curiously don't have the ability to remap buttons. If the buttons are just standalone pushbuttons it won't matter at all since you could just open it up and move the buttons around, but knowing current SNK it will probably be some pushbutton on top of a PCB shit.

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Well that depends on what exactly this stick is going to be used for, they haven't stated. If it's a Neo Geo mini stick.
    If this is the new hardware in fact, then they state it at least hooks up to the neo geo mini for one, beyond that I would hope it has use on other systems (I'm sure if not there will be some sort of mayflash connector in the future to the PS4, PC, etc).

"With a modern design and a wonderful play feeling and you can even link it to NEOGEO Mini, the new hardware will provide you a NEOGEO journey that you have never expeirenced."
    Last edited by Ralfakick; 09-06-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

NeoGumby's Sycophant

Axel's Trainer

Omg - it's not even a joystick for use with any modern consoles. You would think they could have at least tacked this on to the threadbare list of features!

Who is the target market for this thing anyway? I mean, does it add all that much to the Neo Geo mini? Why would you connect this thing to your TV when you can download ACA Neogeo games and use your PS4 stick? Steam already has games like KOF 98 on it as well.
    Last edited by Neorebel; 09-09-2019 at 10:04 PM.

RevQuixo. Who He?

Motherfucking worthless piece of shit fuck ass cock suck shit! And 20 games, motherfuckers! Stupid fucking waste of fuck shit ass clit tit slit shit!!!!

Tung's Hair Stylist

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

So this is the Neo Geo 2 then? 20 Fighting games in a joystick...

So I suppose the Neo Geo 3 is a joystick with action games and shmups...maybe that stick will be black.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post
    Console Mode is interesting and it's still better than Neo Geo Mini

Chin's Bartender

Quote Originally Posted by Neorebel View Post
    Omg - it's not even a joystick for use with any modern consoles. You would think they could have at least tacked this on to the threadbare list of features!
    Why does it have 8 buttons?

Axel's Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by city41 View Post
    Really good question - that's one of the reasons I thought you could use this on PS4/etc. Maybe they are mapping shortcuts to desperation moves on the extraneous buttons -?-

KoF Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by city41 View Post
    Well it says it works on PC at least.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

This is disappointing but not surprising.

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

Mebbe this is the controller for the neo geo 3

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Urethra Chode View Post
    Mebbe this is the controller for the neo geo 3
    I'm sure there will be another hardware announcement.

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post

I'm dreaming.

That dream where I'm in a gigantic parking lot at night and slowly come to the realization that my car has been towed. Then the zombies come. I try to run but I'm moving slow, like I'm waist-deep in maple syrup. Then something something, and this joystick shows up for some reason in some context. Everything is baffling and some anxiety is involved.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Lulz

Art of Typing Wiz

I'm dreaming.

That dream where I'm in a gigantic parking lot at night and slowly come to the realization that my car has been towed. Then the zombies come. I try to run but I'm moving slow, like I'm waist-deep in maple syrup. Then something something, and this joystick shows up for some reason in some context. Everything is baffling and some anxiety is involved.
    Don't take this the wrong way but I was hoping you were right and I was dead wrong about this....

Quote Originally Posted by Neorebel View Post
    Who is the target market for this thing anyway? I mean, does it add all that much to the Neo Geo mini? Why would you connect this thing to your TV when you can download ACA Neogeo games and use your PS4 stick? Steam already has games like KOF 98 on it as well.
    There are tons of people on FB who love the Mini and think we're being elitists who are hoarding our precious carts when we bash the Mini. I try to tell them that no, it's just that the Mini sucks and emulation/ACA versions on modern systems are perfectly fine ways of playing Neo. They gobble up every special edition of the Mini and they'll gobble up this too.

I would have preferred to have a new oldstyle, the bean keeps falling off my lap and I always found the stick way too long, dunno if the new one has the same stick.

Connectivity to PC and Mini is not what I need so I'm going to pass here.

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Takumaji View Post
    I would have preferred to have a new oldstyle, the bean keeps falling off my lap and I always found the stick way too long, dunno if the new one has the same stick.
    Quite a bit of innuendo there..

Quite a bit of innuendo there..
    I should have said "stick travel" or summat.

.:. El riesgo siempre vive .:.

Thread Information