New SNK Hardware Twitter Post

Gaoh

New Challenger
Long after my death...
Even now...
Good tastes still live.

Lolol I love all neo geo games, I feel the 20 added games are a plus though, it’s been advertised more than a standalone joystick, I’m just glad neo geo and sega are back into producing mediocre machines again lolol

It will have micro switches on joysticks and buttons, they tout the joystick ball top can be switched without opening the case...
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2019/092001/

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Why do people think KOF97 is "unfinished"? Is it because there is no music? You do know the ambience was an artistic decision and a freaking great one at that?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Hey, we can at least say this lineup is still better than the PlayStation Classic.

Oh god, even the Neo Mini has a better lineup than the PS Classic...

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Damn no love for KOF 2001 huh?

I really like KOF 2001; it has a very dire/apocalyptic vibe to it.. with fucking a TETSUO character. Genius idea. But, 2002 is a refined/enhanced version of '99, 2000, and 2001 being that it's a festival release like KOF '98.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why do people think KOF97 is "unfinished"? Is it because there is no music? You do know the ambience was an artistic decision and a freaking great one at that?
Oh look, more ignorant people making excuses for poor little '97. Must be Tuesday. The music is whatever. And there are a couple good tracks anyway. That's not the problem. It's everything else.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Like what?

Gameplay. Roster. Visuals.

You like it, and that's cool for you. Maybe it was the first one you ever played. But it's garbage compared to '98. Aesthetically, it's a giant step down from '96, and gameplay-wise, '98 is a giant leap above it. '97 is the best at NOTHING. It doesn't need to exist in the same way SNK never should have released KOF 12. They should have waited until they were actually finished with the game and just released KOF 13 to begin with. Like KOF 12, '97 was a placeholder release until SNK could release the finished version of the game a year later.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Well thanks for that. I dont give a crap who likes it or doesn't. I'm trying to establish why it is considered "unfinished", it always seemed very polished to me.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well thanks for that. I dont give a crap who likes it or doesn't. I'm trying to establish why it is considered "unfinished", it always seemed very polished to me.
It looks like shit, except for Korea and maybe Bali. The colors, the underlying drawings, they're shit. Worst in the series, other than 2001. In fact, the China and USA stages are as bad as anything in 2001. But at least 2001 is fun to play. As far as polish goes, it plays not much better than '96, which is already not a good thing, and plays worse than any other. It's a hack job. '95 was an improvement over '94. '96 tried some things which I don't think worked, but at least it was aesthetically polished. '97 feels and looks like the first KOF in the series they simply ran out of time on. One year is too tight a schedule to consistently produce a quality release, and 1997 was the first (but not last) year to prove that.

SNK shot themselves in the foot by holding themselves hostage to a yearly release date rather than giving themselves time to make every KOF great. Entries like '97 and '99 shouldn't exist at all, imo.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The wonky perspective used in most of the backgrounds should really be enough to sway you away from it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
SNK shot themselves in the foot by holding themselves hostage to a yearly release date rather than giving themselves time to make every KOF great. Entries like '97 and '99 shouldn't exist at all, imo.
Aren't we lucky you didn't get your way. Having the steady yearly release on the Neo was one of the cool things about the series that made it stand out. The fact that we got an installment after SNK went bankrupt completely floored me. I'd rather have the graphics, music, new characters and broken gameplay of 99 than not have it at all.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Aren't we lucky you didn't get your way. Having the steady yearly release on the Neo was one of the cool things about the series that made it stand out. The fact that we got an installment after SNK went bankrupt completely floored me. I'd rather have the graphics, music, new characters and broken gameplay of 99 than not have it at all.
Oh, I wanted the yearly releases as they were happening. I was disappointed when 2003 was the final one. It was only in retrospect that a couple stand out as so terrible and/or completely redundant that SNK should have ditched the yearly deadline and spent an extra 6 months or a year making a better game that would have held up better.

KOF 13 is the game 12 should have been if they hadn't rushed a half-finished game to market. '98 is the game '97 should have been. 2001 probably would have been the game '99 should have been if SNK hadn't gone bankrupt and lost the talent & resources to make it what it could have been. But at the very least, 2000 is still a lot better than 1999.

2000 has music as good as 1999's. It has graphics as good as '99's. The striker system still wasn't perfect, but it was better than it was in '99. And new characters? 2000 had all the new characters, including the ones that were planned for '99 but not included, because SNK ran out of time. But yeah, let's celebrate unfinished product.

Gaoh

New Challenger
Motherfucking shit, that condom sleeve that comes in red, black and yellow is 40 bucks, bwhahahaha damn kind of curious by the ball top accessories oh well back to buyee

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I always felt that 2000 was the one where they ran out of time, since it's their last one.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I always felt that 2000 was the one where they ran out of time, since it's their last one.
It's more polished than '99. Now imagine the game they COULD have made if they had used all the time they spent making '99 & 2000 back to back in a rush to instead make one perfect KOF.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Actually less than I thought it would be priced at. Can’t have arcade authentic parts for that price I’m guessing. I could consider it if played nice with the switch. Still not loving the look of it.

https://www.amazon.com/SNK-Neogeo-A...ck&qid=1569704551&sprefix=snk+arcade+s&sr=8-4

$189 if you want to “gamelinq” it to your PS4. I wonder if the mayflash adaptors will work or if they will come out with something cheaper. Also the listing is something something Neo pocket something probably a typo

Last edited:

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Gameplay. Roster. Visuals.

You like it, and that's cool for you. Maybe it was the first one you ever played. But it's garbage compared to '98. Aesthetically, it's a giant step down from '96, and gameplay-wise, '98 is a giant leap above it. '97 is the best at NOTHING. It doesn't need to exist in the same way SNK never should have released KOF 12. They should have waited until they were actually finished with the game and just released KOF 13 to begin with. Like KOF 12, '97 was a placeholder release until SNK could release the finished version of the game a year later.

One thing I must agree on is that the character portraits look terrible in comparison with ‘96 and in general it kinda has a cheap vibe.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
97 looks and always has, empty and muted. There's no excitement, everything seems stationary and neutral. 99 is just as empty and muted. It is terribly bland.
98 plays like a dream but the graphics and backrounds are just off to me. 2000 is defjnetly more polished than '99, it seems conceptually tight and complete. 97 and 99 both feel like overblown demos, open ended and transcient

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I would have liked real bout 2 or real bout special.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
https://www.amazon.com/SNK-Neogeo-A...ck&qid=1569704551&sprefix=snk+arcade+s&sr=8-4

$189 if you want to “gamelinq” it to your PS4. I wonder if the mayflash adaptors will work or if they will come out with something cheaper. Also the listing is something something Neo pocket something probably a typo

I wonder if this things adds on a shit ton of lag. I am still wondering what audience this thing is really for. I would think with this they are poaching their sales of the download titles and the neo geo mini itself

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I am still wondering what audience this thing is really for.

This thing has to be one of the most stillborn gaming products of all time. My best guess on audience is the collectors who will buy just about anything. But that level of collector has got to be a pretty small audience.