New SNK Hardware Twitter Post

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Fatal Fury and League Bowling are up on the official site for those interested. Sending people back to the site once a month seems especially silly now that there are alternative ways to just unlock the full list.

Files:
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/neogeoarcadestickpro/upgrade/

It is silly until you realize that once a month we are going back to the website to see what is being released. I wonder what will happen the month after the last games are released?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
It is silly until you realize that once a month we are going back to the website to see what is being released. I wonder what will happen the month after the last games are released?

Then it’s time for another Neo Geo retro machine!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Sup Hine62, I was referring to the “unlock all hidden games” video above the post I made. Many will just use the key generator in that vid to unlock the pre-stored games and just move on until SNK teases the next upcoming hardware. That’s not necessarily a bad thing if they already purchased the ASP to begin with though. Many engage with SNK via twitter rather than the consumer site so the news will reach (and be shared by) the fans via alternative channels when the time comes. :buttrock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the update.

Side question: anyone have the ASP and haven’t done the all-games unlock?
- if yes, why?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Anytime :buttrock: I just share the updates in the off chance that someone is interested in the files.

Side question: anyone have the ASP and haven’t done the all-games unlock?
- if yes, why?

Admittedly, I haven't done the all-games unlock that was discovered and shared. Although I play neogeo games every week, I seldom do so on the neogeo mini units since I do all my gaming on home/mvs/cd/ngpc/hng64, etc.

My son is the one who plays the neo geo minis all the time. I use the ASP when I play co-op with him, since I am not a fan of the default neogeo mini pads and the altered button config. Since I only use the ASP as a stick that works on the neogeo mini, I have no real use for the preinstalled games (though it is a neat nice bonus).

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So for those that hacked their stick. Been playing around with adding some
Labels for game selection. Thanks to mai_lover for his work making the labels!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So for those that hacked their stick. Been playing around with adding some
Labels for game selection. Thanks to mai_lover for his work making the labels!

That's really cool. Nicely done!

Meanwhile...SNK just keeps plugging right along for some reason lol:

NEW 2020.4.13 UPLOAD SUPER SIDEKICKS
NEW 2020.4.13 UPLOAD METAL SLUG X

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/neogeoarcadestickpro/upgrade/

Note: There is a mistake in the url for the Metal Slug X files on that snk-corp page. Until it is fixed, here is the correct download url:
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/neogeoarcadestickpro/upgrade/cdkey_METAL_SLUG_X.zip

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
30447461-C016-4F2C-B92E-E4955A19649A.jpeg

Made some title cards for CPS1 games

Download them HERE

Last edited:

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
So glad to see that SNK didn't even have the money to get a custom version made of their aliexpress game controller without the 4 extra buttons...
Damn, SNK is like that amazing dog whose owner abandoned it that's now the stray with a missing eye you see each day crossing the street begging for a bit of food, your mind not knowing what to do between sustaining it while it's slowly dying or just putting the poor thing out of its misery...

SNK mystique my ass... sad

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So glad to see that SNK didn't even have the money to get a custom version made of their aliexpress game controller without the 4 extra buttons...
Damn, SNK is like that amazing dog whose owner abandoned it that's now the stray with a missing eye you see each day crossing the street begging for a bit of food, your mind not knowing what to do between sustaining it while it's slowly dying or just putting the poor thing out of its misery...

SNK mystique my ass... sad

I think the 4 extra buttons are here so this thing can be used as a regular USB arcade stick.

SNK has been dead to me for 20 years now. I never managed to get into any of their games after that, not even KoF 2k2 or SSVS. Whatever they're doing now with their IPs or the hardware clearly isn't for me, but I appreciate that is keeps the name alive, somehow.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
The last real SNK product was Metal Slug 3. Anything after that is dog shit (and yes that includes those later KOF games--sorry, they blow).

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The last real SNK product was Metal Slug 3. Anything after that is dog shit (and yes that includes those later KOF games--sorry, they blow).

Imagine being so incredibly wrong.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Out of curiosity, is SNK officially only going to have 40 games on this hardware?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Out of curiosity, is SNK officially only going to have 40 games on this hardware?

I wouldn’t bet on continued support beyond the release of the final game (#40) that’s already on the stick.

Gaoh

New Challenger
you never know, they just might at this point... this was meant to have games added on