Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: New SNK Hardware Twitter Post

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoh View Post
    Uh you can use it for ps4, pc and xbox? Maybe pop it in for mame? There’s outside consoles outside the Neo geo brand lolol
    but....it's supposed to be a "console"....that you can also use on your other...consoles? And it looks like a feminine napkin with buttons? And Metal Jesus loves it?

Another Striker

Well. I found a video of someone showing the guts of the stick. https://youtu.be/jnXvHaFDNYo
    About what was expected to be honest. I was hoping for a standard mounting plate install but wasn't expecting one. On the plus side at first glance. The emulation looks a bit better than the Mini. Cleaner picture, ect. I would be interested for maybe $80. Not the 130 they are asking.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

It only works for PC AFAIK

NAM-75 Vet

There’s a small adapter box that I believe allows it to work on at least PS4, maybe Switch.

Crazed MVS Addict

Anyone know if a second SNK Arcade Stick Pro can be plugged into USB-C instead of NeoGeo mini controller ?

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    Yeah, just go bankrupt again with some boondoggle that will cost millions to produce and only sell to a hundred hardcore fans. That's what we fans want, right? For SNK to disappear forever.
    It doesn't needs to be a proper AES or MVS size carts. It can be carts using flash memories as price has came down considerably and with properly printed instruction manuals. Similar to Nintendo Switch game packaging and price. Neo Geo X came close but totally dropped the ball with its shitty built quality and rehash of the same games as playable titles.

Remember what sells systems back in the day at launch? It's original title that came package in with a brand new system such as the SNES with super mario world and GENESIS with sonic.

If you want to play and cash in on nostalgia, might as well go all the way with the experience. Not some lazy attempt of releasing a decade old games in an emulation box with non industry standard hardware. Create new 2d content!

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by Archdesigner03 View Post
    Remember what sells systems back in the day at launch? It's original title that came package in with a brand new system such as the SNES with super mario world and GENESIS with sonic.
    And do you remember what sells now? Not that. We are not living back in the day. If the 16-bit model still worked today, they'd still be using it.

Cham Cham's Banana

yeah and now the bundled in game and custom designed system is used to make pushes to extend the life of a console and re-drive new sales
    I do Reviews, Hard-off videos and console repair. Check out my Youtube channel here
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYy...-XmI6xTqGrP3vQ

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Archdesigner03 View Post
    It doesn't needs to be a proper AES or MVS size carts. It can be carts using flash memories as price has came down considerably and with properly printed instruction manuals. Similar to Nintendo Switch game packaging and price. Neo Geo X came close but totally dropped the ball with its shitty built quality and rehash of the same games as playable titles.

If you want to play and cash in on nostalgia, might as well go all the way with the experience. Not some lazy attempt of releasing a decade old games in an emulation box with non industry standard hardware. Create new 2d content!
    Wouldn’t go as far as say it was shitty, tommo used the same molds, the problem is that Asian plastic standards since the 80’s/90’s have changed drastically, this has extended to toys were manufacturers use the same mold to re issue a toy and the plastic is shit and thin, I have bought many Asian reissues now days were the plastic just breaks or melts if left in storage, we will never get the same quality out of anything made back in those days all thanks to regulations set in place, maybe with the whole recycling thing.

I mean they tried but they were one the first mini retro consoles, it’s funny how sakurai even acknowledged it was the first Nintendo switch hybrid so maybe they just got their idea out of The nG x. I’m giving props to snk though they have been seen to listen to their fans from what I have seen in all outlets that they have been stepping up their game, but so far I have seen that the capcom stick has been leaving a bad taste in everyone’s mouth due the fba emulation, the 16 built in games and the price, plus that logo as a stick is horrible compared to the ‘female napkin’ design(which is an oversized home console control pad)...

I guess it's out In japan already checkout this livestream
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-WXPVCE0M

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/neogeo...tickpro/#shops
    the English and Japanese site has the release date of 11/11 but amazon/Walmart has it for the 11/22...
    Last edited by Gaoh; 11-11-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Crazed MVS Addict

Available today on worldwidedistribution.de for Europe

Neo Bubble Buster

there’s 40 hidden games that have been found along with this baby having close to 5gb of internal memory available with the games!

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    it looks like he ripped the heel off a shoe and glued it on his head.
    I fucking LOATHE this dude. I’ve mentioned it before, watch his Sega Saturn HDMI cable review. 13 minutes of his sausage fingers fondling a shitty cable and less than 2 minutes (at the end) showing the video quality it gives (and cuts off a chunk of the screen).

Gave some feedback about showing the actual footage while talking - and he told me to just go read an article instead. Sounds fine to me, only was tolerating his diabetic obese obnoxious stereotypical “WHATS UP GUYS” youtuber persona for details that I’ll just get some place else.

RevQuixo. Who He?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoh View Post
    there’s 40 hidden games that have been found along with this baby having close to 5gb of internal memory available with the games!
    Where’d you see that?

Rugal's Thug

Yes, I'm very keen to know about 40 hidden games.

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    Where’d you see that?
    SNK tweeted about it. When you look at the firmware update menu also it says UNLOCK GAMES something to that effect.

MAX POWA SURGE!

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    I fucking LOATHE this dude. I’ve mentioned it before, watch his Sega Saturn HDMI cable review. 13 minutes of his sausage fingers fondling a shitty cable and less than 2 minutes (at the end) showing the video quality it gives (and cuts off a chunk of the screen).

Gave some feedback about showing the actual footage while talking - and he told me to just go read an article instead. Sounds fine to me, only was tolerating his diabetic obese obnoxious stereotypical “WHATS UP GUYS” youtuber persona for details that I’ll just get some place else.
    I enjoy hating him literally for your reasons listed above. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

WA6TJE

40 hidden games is pretty fucking substantial.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    13 minutes of his sausage fingers fondling a shitty cable and less than 2 minutes (at the end) showing the video quality it gives (and cuts off a chunk of the screen)
    Welcome to Youtube.

The eternal lurker.

Crazed MVS Addict

OK, finally it's 40 games. But how ?

WA6TJE

Well, a few of my wishes were added, but not all of them. Still, that's at least an acceptable selection. A few notable omissions from other genres, but maybe they'll be able to be added later.

Reichsf?rer-Finnland

^It'll be hacked pretty soon after release any way.

Crazed MVS Addict

I want add Bang Bang Buster

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Regarding the unlock, this console mode diagram looks particularly interesting. Why connect the second ASP via the usb data port when it already comes with a usb to usb-c converter for use in the neogeo mini controller ports?...

Duplicate the Console Mode setup depicted below (with a 2nd ASP), select settings>system>unlock and?...

39D7F95E-D401-4036-9282-E17E79173FAD.jpeg

48076F01-7A14-49FE-A5B9-4933F1933FEB.jpeg
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 11-17-2019 at 03:15 PM.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

RevQuixo. Who He?

So 2 gets you 40, 3-60,4-80 etc? Daisy chain

Thread Information