svc chaos pcb no video

jimc787

n00b
Was wondering if anybody has run into this before with the pcb version of this game. I just got it off ebay popped it in my cab and no video just sound.

-Now my mv-1F works perfectly in the cabinet video and sound and all.
- 5 VDC is at 5.15
-Tried a second power supply

still no video.

I was wondering if the eprom in the middle of the board could have anything to do with this or if there was any specific chip I could pull off of another mvs to swap out to test this?

Any help is greatly appreciated

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Check that your Video Ground and Sync on the SVC pcb are making contact with your Jamma plug.
BB

jimc787

n00b
ok so kind of made some head way on this. I know the svc chaos board is good video and sound. swapped it into an atari war cabinet and it came up perfect. tested my jamma good as well. So, I wonder if anyone has ever run into this before. I believe it may be something with the monitor chassis. Thing is a bunch of other standard res games work in the cabinet. ex. street fighter 2, final fight, mvs, pgm system without any issue. so the only two i had not working in the cabinet is the svc chaos and my xevious 3d/g.

If anybody has any idea any help would be great. I havent seen this ever in the 20 years ive been doing amusments

jimc787

n00b
I solved this. The wells Gardner d7700 digital monitor has a sync select jumper on it. Changed it to the other jumper and boom worked perfectly. What a stupid thing.