Neo Geo CD controller Parts??

Miketage

n00b
Just snagged a couple neo geo cd controllers on ebay for 20 bucks because they're missing the joystick assemblies. Anybody know where I could find some replacement parts? I've already googled it every way I can word it. Any help would be appreciated!

NexusX

Astra Superstar
They are not off the shelf parts as far as anyone can tell. Even the microswitches are not really a standard part to buy. Some of the only ways to repair one is to either take 2 broken pads and salvage parts from one to fix the other. Or if the switches are bad, replace them with something that is close* to the original. That does make the pad feel different though. Unless you have spare parts around you are probably SOL.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Someone probably took them off the original controller to modify one of the new USB pads for the mini.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Broken CD pads are not worth rehabbing. Just buy working ones and enjoy them until the nub section is ground up and dies.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yeah, you put the cart before the horse on this one.The cables,if those came with the pads are like the easiest to salvage where you would just use them to attach to an/other controller.
BB

Miketage

n00b
Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate the responses and I like a good challenge.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
If all you're missing is the plastic parts and the microswitches are still in good shape maybe you can try with someone who can model the parts in 3D and print them.
The back shell with the cradle where the lower part of the stick sits in is what wears down after years of both parts grinding against each other. If that part is already worn it would be a lot trickier to repair them.

Miketage

n00b
Yeah one has two microswitches missing and the other is missing the whole gate and all the switches. The controllers looks great besides that not even scratched up, buttons feel good too. Aside from 3d printing also been looking into replacing with a different joystick that could fit. It won't click of course but better than sitting there wasting away.

Miketage

n00b
I found the guy selling those. I need those and the whole casing too. Thanks for posting that.