Thread: Weird sound problem with Gameboy Color and Gargoyle's Quest

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Weird sound problem with Gameboy Color and Gargoyle's Quest

This is literally all I could find online regarding this - but I noticed recently in a GBC I modded. I have a shit-ton of carts and this is the only one with issues. It plays fine on my GBA and OG GB...the audio files this dude posted are the exact sound issues I am having. The board looks good, no cold solder or anything weird.

Has anyone else heard of this problem or know of any solutions?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/com...audio_problem/

Igniz's Servant

I tried this with 4 different Game Boy Colors and all three of the solid purple systems had the exact same sound glitch. The solid blue one did not. The problem is I don't know if mother boards in these system ever got swapped so I can't say for sure that the blue one won't ever have this problem.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSeed View Post
    I tried this with 4 different Game Boy Colors and all three of the solid purple systems had the exact same sound glitch. The solid blue one did not. The problem is I don't know if mother boards in these system ever got swapped so I can't say for sure that the blue one won't ever have this problem.
    Weird! I've only had a few GBCs and I have noticed different motherboard revisions. I had a -02 and a -05. Pretty sure this one is a -02 I wanna say? Ugh. I will probably just live with it since I can't find another game with this issue in my collection but fuck, it's annoying that it happens with one of my favorite games.

Thread Information