Neo Geo collector age consensus.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
49 and not a collector but I love my Neo a lot.

My mental age is 12-ish, tho, body age 72.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Started in 2007 with MVS, a couple AES, although I purchased a NGPC at launch

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
27, started in 2011 with AES. Since then I've had MVS, NGP, NGPC and NGCD hardware and software pass through my hands. Today I'm MVS only (consolized MV-1AX).

eclypse

Banned
Old enough to know better but keep coming back years later.. 5th visit. :( wife's pissed.

Last edited:

Whippy

Banned
39 & relatively new collector of OE hardware. I got sick of bullshit ports of Metal Slug, so I bought an MVS and built a few controllers. I am content using the 161 in 1 for this purpose as it has 1/3/X. It also has a fuckton of other titles that I never played, and so I have lots of time to wear this out. It has been loads of fun for the entire family, and everything is new to them also. Still trying to figure out which fighting games I like, but I am just a pathetic casual when it comes to SNK fighters.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
43, started in the mid 90s with a NGCD. I prefer my AES with a NeoSD now. I have mostly gotten out of collecting, but there are about four kits and two AES titles I want before I am totally out.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
36 here. Bought an AES back in 96 or 97, NGP on release in 98 and MVS in 2003, when I joined this forum. Still own all of them, but the MVS in my cab is the one which gets played the most.

Zoddhand

n00b
26 male
just bought a 2 slot this year but I had been picking up a few cartridges prior to that.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Just turned 18. Looking for fun, even if it’s a bit rough, which is why I collect Neo Geo.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
52 never collected for the neo beyond the slugs. Now I have a multi so no need to collect.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
40, 90+ % of my collection is long gone. I kept a couple of cabs and 10 or so mvs games for my kid's rooms.

liwer

n00b
I'm 46 years old, I have 2 AES consoles with 30 games, 3 MVS boards+Supergun and a few MVS games (also a 161 in 1).

I can no longer buy, I live in Venezuela. :crying:

I would like to sell some AES games to buy the NeoSD Pro.:scratch:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I thought the same thing as I was writing my original post. That’s kinda what makes this forum special. It’s a very dysfunctional environment...

Neo Geo cd was left out due to the fact I didn’t think anyone would say it’s better then the mvs or aes platform. If it’s your favorite I’d love to hear why ( other then the price)..

43 6.78" had ss3 on psx a long time ago. want to sell my mvs ssvs now. have 3 other carts anyhow.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
since this thread didn'T escalate into a troll fest...

35 y.o., collecting AES since 2002.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
37. Went through home carts starting in the mid 90s and MVS in the 00s. Now it's just emulation. Still have mad love.

nmsc

n00b
35. I Had a decent collection collection in the late 90s-early 2000s and got ripped off hard on a couple high end for what turned out to be a fake in a dea, l and sold the rest out of frustration and wish I didn't. Just more looking to play than collect anymore with the exception of trying to get my favorite games back some day.

Last edited:

D_I_O

n00b
25, Been playing these games since I was a wee lad. Just got into Mvs, not crazy enough for Aes.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
35. I Had a decent collection collection in the late 90s-early 2000s and got ripped off hard on a couple high end for what turned out to be a fake in a dea, l and sold the rest out of frustration and wish I didn't. Just more looking to play than collect anymore with the exception of trying to get my favorite games back some day.

If you don't mind sharing, which titles turned out to be fake?

nmsc

n00b
If you don't mind sharing, which titles turned out to be fake?[/QUOTE
I should have proof read what I wrote better when editing. I meant to say i traded two high end for one. It was a shock troopers 2nd squad, and Metal Slug X for what turned out to be a converted Metal Slug 1. The big issue was that person was I believe legit and remember from neo Alec sites, an didn't know he had a conversion when trading. I remember somebody else getting a fake pulstar and seem like it was becoming more rampant on high end games at the time and quit. I made this account later trying to get back in it but never really did.