Question: What do people do with their AES carts nowadays?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Get yourself an OSSC and RGB scart cable and play those carts.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Howdy everyone,

Been years since I last popped into this forum. I'm back today because I just cleared out a room-ful of junk at an apartment I used to stay in, and discovered (re-discovered, rather) my treasure trove of AES carts. I reckon there are about 25-30 carts of all the usual titles (slugs, motw, kofs, etc).

My question is - now that the games are all available (emulated, but still) on PS4, what are people doing with their carts? I also found my AES but I don't suppose it'll be wise to try plugging that into my flatscreen TV?

Or are people really still playing their AES in this day and age? If so, what's the best way to do so (I think I also found an XRGB2 from ages ago lying around in my box...)?

Cheers and it does feel good to be back here! :glee:

Hello there old timer and welcome back!

Without a doubt the first thing you should do is get your carts authenticated!

I am happy to provide this service for you and because you are an old member here I am willing to waive any fees. I will PM you my address where you can send your games.

Cheers!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hello there old timer and welcome back!

Without a doubt the first thing you should do is get your carts authenticated!

I am happy to provide this service for you and because you are an old member here I am willing to waive any fees. I will PM you my address where you can send your games.

Cheers!

I can confirm that I tried NeoMoe's Aes authentication service and it's topnotch.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well these carts were something I purchased as part of a hobby a long time ago. I'm not interested in selling them, just curious to know what people do with the carts themselves nowadays.

I sell the carts I don't play, and actually play the carts that I still like. A shocker, I know.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Recently? Asking for a friend.

I haven't sold a cart in a few months. Anymore I just respond to messages from cheap, chicken nugget eating shitlogs who want to lowball my already cheap as fuck prices. When they finally break down and spend that extra five dollars they end up with more than they bargained for.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
If you are really gonna play em - grab a CRT and go full 90's.

If you are lukewarm with your interest in them and the hobby - sell them on this forum to established members.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I still open mine up for smells on a regular basis (pre snap case preferably)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mine are in a box. In the basement.
I really need to unload them before there's a water leak or something.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I primarily play neogeo games more than modern console games so the neo hardware still gets weekly use. It’s just easier for me to spend 30-60 minutes on my favorites as opposed to the newest open-world or online game. My son also plays them so the mvs cab sees a lot of use too.

Granted, I don’t own a ton of carts. I’m happy with just my favorites and had I not already had these games, I likely would have been fine with just the neosd or something along those lines.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I had 60 AES game, sold 35 the last 3 year!25 left but haven’t played any in a year!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I primarily play neogeo games more than modern console games so the neo hardware still gets weekly use. It’s just easier for me to spend 30-60 minutes on my favorites as opposed to the newest open-world or online game. My son also plays them so the mvs cab sees a lot of use too.

Granted, I don’t own a ton of carts. I’m happy with just my favorites and had I not already had these games, I likely would have been fine with just the neosd or something along those lines.

Same here. I'm kind of hooked on Dragon's Crown at the moment but I always leave my Aes hooked up to my PVM for when I want to get in a quick session.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I play mine, but with the dumb prices they go for these days I keep thinking of selling.....

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...but I always leave my Aes hooked up to my PVM for when I want to get in a quick session.

Oh, yeah, those quick & dirty sessions, and then... it's almost three a.m. because damn Mr. Karate wouldn't budge ;).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Same here. I'm kind of hooked on Dragon's Crown at the moment but I always leave my Aes hooked up to my PVM for when I want to get in a quick session.

Hell yeah. Dragon’s Crown was a fantastic title and Vanillaware’s games in general are oldschool and always worth a look imho.

Oh, yeah, those quick & dirty sessions, and then... it's almost three a.m. because damn Mr. Karate wouldn't budge ;).

:buttrock::buttrock: