Beharbros CMVS Ultra

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I dont really see a need for the scanline doubler. Also, why do these CMVS makers fail to add a power button to the front of the console? What officially released console only has a power switch in the back?

Honestly, it's cool to see new companies getting into the CMVS market. But i dont see anything special here.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Interesting.... With so many people making CMVS' ... JNX, Omega, AliExpress CMVS etc, I wonder when the well will run dry on these one slot boards? Or if the MVS cart prices will continue to climb..

GamingCult

n00b
Interesting.... With so many people making CMVS' ... JNX, Omega, AliExpress CMVS etc, I wonder when the well will run dry on these one slot boards? Or if the MVS cart prices will continue to climb..

Also, Analogue is rumoured to have an FPGA Neo Geo in the works. I imagine, sadly, that MVS carts will be getting way more expensive in the next 12 to 18 months.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Beharbros just announced their CMVS Ultra on Instagram. Their products, I’ve been told, are pretty good

I haven't had good luck with their products, and neither have many others. Their Toro never combined sync properly for me (they did offer to refund if I shipped it back to Turkey...), and the cable it comes with is absolutely horrible (you can ONLY have it sticking out about 8" behind your Dreamcast since it doesn't bend...). People have had a ton of issues with their new version of the Garo with color bleeding and other funky stuff. I would read-up on the reviews when this comes out before buying.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Shit aluminium hi-fi feet on your Neo Geo!? Well that's a day one purchase now!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This thing looks ugly as sin. That alone makes it a deal breaker regardless of features.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Re: rumored Analogue FGPA.

Where’d you see that? Is the rumor MVS, AES, or both? Non-wood hopefully. I could finally ditch my framemeister.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I haven't had good luck with their products, and neither have many others. Their Toro never combined sync properly for me (they did offer to refund if I shipped it back to Turkey...), and the cable it comes with is absolutely horrible (you can ONLY have it sticking out about 8" behind your Dreamcast since it doesn't bend...). People have had a ton of issues with their new version of the Garo with color bleeding and other funky stuff. I would read-up on the reviews when this comes out before buying.

Yeah, I have a Hanzo => Kenzei combination setup and it's just a disaster...it can no longer effectively work unless you bend wires into a certain position and leave them there...not what I'd call reliable.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, I have a Hanzo => Kenzei combination setup and it's just a disaster...it can no longer effectively work unless you bend wires into a certain position and leave them there...not what I'd call reliable.

Somebody linked me to a flexible wire we can hook up to the existing non-bendable ~6" wire to put the actual converter box somewhere else... might pick one up then rewire it...but really just too much work (and a horrible design period lol).

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Aluminum Hi fi feet?! Someone get a hold of Master Tasuke! Lmao

I have mixed results with Beharbros - their DC HDMI adapter is works well when it works. Issue is the cable is a bit finicky.

Built in line doubler?

I love my Omega but if Analogue does an FPGA i will get that on day 1, since it would probably get jail broken and run Roms off SD card and I won’t have to use a NeoSD.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just don’t see the point of 31khz VGA output. Do lag free 720 or 1080p over hdmi and its a different story.

But that thing would still be fugly.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict

The Dreamcast cable is Behar's biggest issue. The actual boxes themselves are quality and work fine. For fuck knows why they package them with the absolute cheapest cable to connect it to the Dreamcast. I've never understood why behar does that because it's like the cheapest part of the entire solution.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Not a huge fan of the design, but at least they're trying something a little different.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Yeah the cable that connects to the AV input on the dreamcast for beharbros sucks big time.

Also the RGB levels come in a little hot from what I've seen.

Once HD Rectalvision comes out with their own cable I'll probably upgrade from my Toro. I usually play Dreamcast exclusively in 480p on my plasma. Having 240p/480i would be nice for certain games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Not a huge fan of the design, but at least they're trying something a little different.

My favorite CMVS enclosure was the old one JNX used to use until it was discontinued. James' current one is also nice and clean. Certainly preferable to this metal one, regardless of cost.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
My Hanzo is a very well built device, and I have had no issues with my cable (apart from it being very short); it seems to be very high quality, but it differs from the current images on their web site (I assume they must have changed the cable design or supplier, for some reason).

At any rate, appearance aside, it will be interesting to see how this CMVS compares to the other options out there. I only have an MV-1F and a supergun, and have been considering either making or buying a CMVS. Pretty much any of the options out there would be a much cleaner solution than anything I could make, I'm sure. ;)