Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beharbros CMVS Ultra

Beharbros CMVS Ultra

Beharbros just announced their CMVS Ultra on Instagram. Their products, I’ve been told, are pretty good, so this should be interesting - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6IQ2SH...d=hxfoyox78b81

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

I dont really see a need for the scanline doubler. Also, why do these CMVS makers fail to add a power button to the front of the console? What officially released console only has a power switch in the back?

Honestly, it's cool to see new companies getting into the CMVS market. But i dont see anything special here.

Stakes Winner 2

Interesting.... With so many people making CMVS' ... JNX, Omega, AliExpress CMVS etc, I wonder when the well will run dry on these one slot boards? Or if the MVS cart prices will continue to climb..

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.
    illadelph Snail Trail aka the Pleasure Domes

Where did those enclosures come from because all of a sudden everyone seems to have em?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Quote Originally Posted by capnd77 View Post
    Interesting.... With so many people making CMVS' ... JNX, Omega, AliExpress CMVS etc, I wonder when the well will run dry on these one slot boards? Or if the MVS cart prices will continue to climb..
    Also, Analogue is rumoured to have an FPGA Neo Geo in the works. I imagine, sadly, that MVS carts will be getting way more expensive in the next 12 to 18 months.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by GamingCult View Post
    Beharbros just announced their CMVS Ultra on Instagram. Their products, I’ve been told, are pretty good
    I haven't had good luck with their products, and neither have many others. Their Toro never combined sync properly for me (they did offer to refund if I shipped it back to Turkey...), and the cable it comes with is absolutely horrible (you can ONLY have it sticking out about 8" behind your Dreamcast since it doesn't bend...). People have had a ton of issues with their new version of the Garo with color bleeding and other funky stuff. I would read-up on the reviews when this comes out before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I haven't had good luck with their products, and neither have many others.
    Not good, and sorry to hear. Yeah, some YouTubers have been singing their praises quite a bit. I haven’t personally tried their products.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Shit aluminium hi-fi feet on your Neo Geo!? Well that's a day one purchase now!

!!

B
    ASS
    IC

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Shit aluminium hi-fi feet on your Neo Geo!? Well that's a day one purchase now!
    I wanted to know what makes aluminum feet hi-fi.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Where did those enclosures come from because all of a sudden everyone seems to have em?
    You could build your own cmvs for the price of a fancy enclosure.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

This thing looks ugly as sin. That alone makes it a deal breaker regardless of features.
    Terraonion Team Member

Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

Follow me on Twitter @ToddsNerdCave

Hardened Shock Trooper

Re: rumored Analogue FGPA.

Where’d you see that? Is the rumor MVS, AES, or both? Non-wood hopefully. I could finally ditch my framemeister.

Setsuna's Owl Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    China.

Kyo Clone

...an FPGA Neo Geo in the works.
    Long overdue.

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yodd View Post
    This thing looks ugly as sin. That alone makes it a deal breaker regardless of features.
    Agree 100%. It looks like a sports car drawn by a 4 year old.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I haven't had good luck with their products, and neither have many others. Their Toro never combined sync properly for me (they did offer to refund if I shipped it back to Turkey...), and the cable it comes with is absolutely horrible (you can ONLY have it sticking out about 8" behind your Dreamcast since it doesn't bend...). People have had a ton of issues with their new version of the Garo with color bleeding and other funky stuff. I would read-up on the reviews when this comes out before buying.
    Yeah, I have a Hanzo => Kenzei combination setup and it's just a disaster...it can no longer effectively work unless you bend wires into a certain position and leave them there...not what I'd call reliable.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    Yeah, I have a Hanzo => Kenzei combination setup and it's just a disaster...it can no longer effectively work unless you bend wires into a certain position and leave them there...not what I'd call reliable.
    Somebody linked me to a flexible wire we can hook up to the existing non-bendable ~6" wire to put the actual converter box somewhere else... might pick one up then rewire it...but really just too much work (and a horrible design period lol).

Why So Many X's?

Aluminum Hi fi feet?! Someone get a hold of Master Tasuke! Lmao

I have mixed results with Beharbros - their DC HDMI adapter is works well when it works. Issue is the cable is a bit finicky.

Built in line doubler?

I love my Omega but if Analogue does an FPGA i will get that on day 1, since it would probably get jail broken and run Roms off SD card and I won’t have to use a NeoSD.

I just don’t see the point of 31khz VGA output. Do lag free 720 or 1080p over hdmi and its a different story.

But that thing would still be fugly.
    Terraonion Team Member

Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

Follow me on Twitter @ToddsNerdCave

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    The Dreamcast cable is Behar's biggest issue. The actual boxes themselves are quality and work fine. For fuck knows why they package them with the absolute cheapest cable to connect it to the Dreamcast. I've never understood why behar does that because it's like the cheapest part of the entire solution.

Cham Cham's Banana

Not a huge fan of the design, but at least they're trying something a little different.

Beharbros just announced their CMVS Ultra on Instagram. Their products, I’ve been told, are pretty good, so this should be interesting - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6IQ2SH...d=hxfoyox78b81
    Nothing against the Behar Bros, but is it interesting really? You can only see an MV-1C in a different box so many times.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Yeah the cable that connects to the AV input on the dreamcast for beharbros sucks big time.

Also the RGB levels come in a little hot from what I've seen.

Once HD Rectalvision comes out with their own cable I'll probably upgrade from my Toro. I usually play Dreamcast exclusively in 480p on my plasma. Having 240p/480i would be nice for certain games.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Not a huge fan of the design, but at least they're trying something a little different.
    My favorite CMVS enclosure was the old one JNX used to use until it was discontinued. James' current one is also nice and clean. Certainly preferable to this metal one, regardless of cost.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Azu Bla

My Hanzo is a very well built device, and I have had no issues with my cable (apart from it being very short); it seems to be very high quality, but it differs from the current images on their web site (I assume they must have changed the cable design or supplier, for some reason).

At any rate, appearance aside, it will be interesting to see how this CMVS compares to the other options out there. I only have an MV-1F and a supergun, and have been considering either making or buying a CMVS. Pretty much any of the options out there would be a much cleaner solution than anything I could make, I'm sure.

Thread Information